Contribute
Register

Unibeast USB Stick: Still waiting for root device

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen this issue before. The way I got it to work is to install chameleon onto the EFI in order to get it to boot and see the root device.

I had this problem during a Lion install on my Laptop Hard drive to. I installed Chameleon on the root then I got the still waiting for Root device. I then formated the EFI partition then installed Chameleon on the Root of the Laptop Hard drive and it then boot fine.

This Unibeast is not working for me either. Still waiting for Root device. I am going to try one more time the method I described above to see if I can get it to boot.

I was able to get the USB to boot the installer with Mald0n method which was originally for 10.7 and works for 10.7.2. I don't want to hijack this thread so search the other usual forums if you want to review the topic.

dysphasi said:
lucky422 said:
I think in order to make a perfect bootable Drive/USB you have to be on 10.6.7 or 10.6.8 and have everything installed sound, internet, easybeast or edited DSDT and then mount or intsall lion on SL. That way you would ahve a perfect copy of Lion on a bootable device.

No offence but that's nonsense! Please don't mislead people.

Misleading people I'm just trying to help, but I guess you wouldn't know what i'm talking about right! Either way do it however you find it that works for ya! good luck..

DOUBLE CHECK AHCI ENABLED IN BIOS!

I have exactly the same problem using Unibeast (set up on 10.6.8 using Mac Store app), BIOS set up correctly on the board. Tried two different USB drives, both stall on "still waiting for root device"

Board is GA-H67A-USB3-B3, i7 2600, 4Gb RAM, display using the integrated VGA out.

I appreciate the other comments, but I don't see how I can install chameleon using the Unibeast method.

Any other ideas, I am really stuck!

Still Stuck in here too.

HM65 Chipset Sager Notebook

Keep getting Still Waiting for Root.

My Old Core 2 Duo an IBM ThinkCentre 57 work like a charm. Been running OS X in it for almost a year with tony solutions. And I always update.

Check you're on a direct connection from USB to motherboard: no hub, no front panel usb, etc ;)

Tried something different here.

Created the Stick for Desktop, removed the second SATA HDD from my notebook and booted with -x

Worked. Will have to clean the main HDD to try and intall it. Will post here as soon as I get it.

Saner NP8130 Notebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back