Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Unibeast USB installer hanging Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ProArt B660-Creator D4 (previously Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H)
CPU
i7-12700K (previously i7-3770K)
Graphics
Radeon RX 570 4Gb (previously GTX 670)
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I’ve seen people having this same issue but haven’t found a solution that’s worked.
About 5% into the “copying files” process of the installer, it stops and doesn’t progress. See attached.
I’ve tried and formatted multiple USB’s, and also tried leaving it overnight, with no success.
Any other ideas?
Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.8 MB · Views: 38
I'm getting to my wits end with this. Have now tried:
1.) Multiple USB's
2.) Resetting partition table with dd command in Terminal as I read in one thread
3.) Terminal format to GPT table as I read in another thread (instead of disk utility)
4.) 2 x different legit mac machines as well as a Hack.

All do the same thing - hang on "copying files" at about 5% and don't move. There was one slight difference on one of the legit macs - it progressed to about 15% instead on progress bar, but it too stopped and hung at this point.

I've got no idea what else to try besides resorting back to a high sierra install but that's just crazy that I would need to do this. Am I the only one that has been having this issue with Unibeast 9.0.3 for Mojave?
Is there another method I can try for creating a bootable USB?

Please help someone.

1.) Multiple USB's
2.) Resetting partition table with dd command in Terminal as I read in one thread
3.) Terminal format to GPT table as I read in another thread (instead of disk utility)

All do the same thing - hang on "copying files" at about 5% and don't move. There was one slight difference on one of the legit macs - it progressed to about 15% instead on progress bar, but it too stopped and hung at this point.

I've got no idea what else to try besides resorting back to a high sierra install but that's just crazy that I would need to do this. Am I the only one that has been having this issue with Unibeast 9.0.3 for Mojave?

Please help someone.
disabled SIP?

disabled SIP?
Hi Feartech,
I "think" so? Have got CsrActiveConfig set to 0x67? Is that enough? csrutil status shows it's enabled but custom as follows:

System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:

Apple Internal: disabled

Kext Signing: disabled

Filesystem Protections: disabled

Debugging Restrictions: enabled

DTrace Restrictions: enabled

NVRAM Protections: enabled

BaseSystem Verification: enabled

Hi Feartech,
I "think" so? Have got CsrActiveConfig set to 0x67? Is that enough? csrutil status shows it's enabled but custom as follows:

System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:

Apple Internal: disabled

Kext Signing: disabled

Filesystem Protections: disabled

Debugging Restrictions: enabled

DTrace Restrictions: enabled

NVRAM Protections: enabled

BaseSystem Verification: enabled

What system are you using to create the UniBeast Mojave installer USB? The one in your Profile or something else? Which version of macOS is it running?

The Terminal command to check CSR status is:

Code:
csrutil status

This should give a simple answer for the host machine. You can also use the command to "clear", "disable" or "enable" CSR.

There is a section of your config.plist where this setting is held:

Code:
<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x028</string>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x067</string>
    </dict>

1.) Multiple USB's

Please help someone.

Check the format of your destination USB stick. It has to be between 16 and 32Gb in size. It has to be in GUID partition scheme and HFS+ format, although it seems you may have this part done okay.

Last edited:
Hi Utterdisbelief,
Have tried this from a legit high sierra machine and a legit Catalina machine. The latter is the one where progress went a bit further to 15%. Both of those have SIP enabled.
The hackintosh with high sierra is the one I’ve tried where config plist is setup with CsrActiveConfig set to 0x67.
All USB’s I’ve tried are 16Gb and GUID HFS.
Completely lost what else to try.

Hi Utterdisbelief,
Have tried this from a legit high sierra machine and a legit Catalina machine. The latter is the one where progress went a bit further to 15%. Both of those have SIP enabled.
The hackintosh with high sierra is the one I’ve tried where config plist is setup with CsrActiveConfig set to 0x67.
All USB’s I’ve tried are 16Gb and GUID HFS.
Completely lost what else to try.
SIP needs to be disabled

Thanks. This step does not exist for the Mojave unibeast setup instructions.
I have tried this from high sierra machine nonetheless. Confirmed that SIP is now disabled. Formatted and tried install. Still hanging at 5% ‘Copying Files’…

It may be that UniBeast is a red herring and that the root of the actual problem lies elsewhere.
Look at the UniBeast log files for a clue.

From where did you obtain your Mojave installer app ? And how ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back