ATI
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I'm a complete noob here and have been trying to install mountain lion on my Z600. The Z600 is a standard build except that i've put in a GeForce GT640 and a Jmicron Controller PEXSATA22I. My problem is when i use Unibeast my hard drive does not show up. It's already been formatted as a GUID MacOSX Journeled drive, and if i connect the same drive via my external USB dock I am able to install Mountain Lion fine but then I can't connect it internally again to boot through internal drive, Ideally I just want to have it plugged in through the SATA internally and try the install. I've gone through various posts and have tried loading the IOTAFamilyKext into unibeast and trying the install that way but still no joy, any thoughts on what to try next? Thanks

Sorry I should have mentioned that its a HP Z600 workstation with dual Intel Xeon CPU's but i've currently set the BIOS to use 1 core and have only put in 4GB of memory as well as setting RAID+AHCI

I'm not sure if this will help but if I put the hard drive with Mountain Lion installed via external USB into the Z600 connected via the JMicron controller it fails to boot, the JMicron controller does recognise the hard drive but i get the following error:

Attempting Boot From Hard Drive
boot0:GPT
boot0:test
boot0:GPT
boot0:error

Then if I try to boot using the unibeast loader and select my hard drive which is still connected internally labelled MLion i get the grey boot screen with spinning circle and then a symbol above the Apple logo which is a circle with a diagonal line through it, when i try again with -v i get the following error during the attempted boot
Kext com.apple.GeForce - library kext com.pple.NVDResman not found.
Can't load kext com.apple.GeForce = failed to resolve library dependencies
Kext com.apple.GeForce failed to load (0xdc00800e)
Failed to load kect com.aple.GeForce (error 0xdc00800e)
after a couple of other lines I get
AppleBCM5701Ethernet: 0 ffffffffe00002c7 BCM570Enet::setPowerLevels - setSystemWakeCapabilityEnable failed, Wol, RC
Still waiting for root device

At this point I must mentioned I've not installed Multibeast but when i've tried previously I get kernal panics and have to start over.

Hope the above makes sense.

Thank you

Anyone out there willing to help please?

Hi K1ran29,

First of all I would suggest that you take out whatever hard drive you have inside the workstation and use the internal SATA Port0 of your HP to install. Doing it any other way is not going to allow it to boot or detected by OSX properly (this is a recommendation by Tonymac).

Secondly you need to be aware not all Xeon CPUs may work properly with Mountain Lion unless VoodooTSCSync.kext is installed afterwards and Intel Virtualisation is enabled after this kext is installed. To get into the initial installation I would suggest booting Unibeast with the -v -x cpus=1 string - then once you've added in the VoodooTSCSync you can boot without the cpus=1 argument.

Ideally for the hard drive you need to set your system BIOS to use AHCI mode not RAID. Also there is a driver you can install for JMicron using Multibeast under 3rd Party SATA drivers. That may be what you are missing, but the kext will need to be installed on an internal SATA drive to work.

Anyways give these a try first, and report back if you got any more problems.

It does work using a 3rd party sata controller....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-08-25 at 5.48.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-08-25 at 5.48.01 PM.png
    157.7 KB · Views: 511
Hi. Have you tried installing Yosemite?
I am trying a z600 install and my head is spinning.
Endless videos and searching forums has only gotton me to the disk utility step and also have the problem with no hdd/ssd detected.

Try this

I finish installing two system Z600 and Z400 with same method

Install Yosemite with an installer, i my case Unibeast with LegacyAppleAHCIPortIntelICHx.kext load with kexwizard.

Install Chameleon with chameleon wizard, I mounted in the Z600 only Yosemite and in the Z400 Yosemite and Windows7, so select installation method Boot0 in Z600 and Boot0hfs in Z400

Configure org.chameleon.Boot.plist with ChameleonWizard with this items checked:
Gui
Legacy Logo
Use Kernel Cache
Ethernet Built
Restart Fix
Private Cata
Generate P-State
Generate C-State
HDA Enabler
HDEF LauoutID 01000
kext-dev-mode=1

​Instal five kext attached with kexwizard
AHCIPortInjector_v1.0.0_Micky1979
FakeSMC_v6.16.1372_netkas
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector_v1.0.0_Micky1979
NullCPUPowerManagement_v1.0.0d2_tgwbd
VoodooHDA_v2.87

Delete AppleHPET.kext of System/Library/Extensions to activate USB ports

I use two Graphic Cards GT640 (GraphicEnabler=No) GT210 (GraphicEnabler=Yes) in Chameleonwizard

In Z600 i use a SSD disk so i activate Trim with the terminal instructions, easy to find

Both systems seem to run perfect

Attachments

• kextxs Z600 Z400.zip
    376 KB · Views: 117
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back