Graphics
so ignore me
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I'm trying to install Mavericks on my recently built computer. I'm currently running Windows and using a vm to setup Unibeast. Unibeast successfully put the Mavericks app onto the USB. When booting into the USB I get to the boot option screen but when I try to start the mavericks install, the apple logo flashes and my computer immediately restarts. I've tried multiple boot flags but none of them seem to change it. It always does the same thing.

My computer:
CPU: Intel i5 4670k
GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 770
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G43 ATX LGA1150

Hi, I have the same problem, I have an MSI G45 GAMING, INTEL CORE I5 4670K. I tried to update the bios of the motherboard, but It's always the same thing : flash and reboot. You should try to update your BIOS, tell me if it's working. Bye. Ho, I miss the GPU, AMD RADEON R9 280X SAPPHIRE DUAL-X

So I'm trying to install Mavericks on my recently built computer. I'm currently running Windows and using a vm to setup Unibeast. Unibeast successfully put the Mavericks app onto the USB. When booting into the USB I get to the boot option screen but when I try to start the mavericks install, the apple logo flashes and my computer immediately restarts. I've tried multiple boot flags but none of them seem to change it. It always does the same thing.

My computer:

Take a look at patching the BIOS. Do a search on"PmPatch" and read up on locked MSRs. I have the MSI Z87M-G43 and experienced the instant reboot also until I did the patch. Also, check to see that you are using the latest BIOS version.

And many are installing Mavericks without the GPU installed and adding it back in once the OS is up and running.

Good modding
neil

Good modding,
neil

I updated my BIOS but that didn't seem to change anything. For PmPatcher, where would I find my bios file?

Hi, I tried to patch my bios and it works, thank you, but I'm stuck at a white screen after the apple logo loading, help me please.

Where did you get the bios file? I can't figure out how to get it

Edit: Never mind, Found it

Ok so I tried patching my bios but that didn't seem to work. I even tried disabling my graphics card to use my built in one.

My computer:

I'm also having this problem did you find a fix for it?

My computer:

An alternative to flashing a patched BIOS is here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back