Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the first time I see big problems in updating my hackintosh with a new version of Mac OS following Tony's method.
Is Mountain Lion only for new motherboards ?

Motherboard : MSI H57M-ED65
Core i7 870 2.94 GhZ
16 GB ram
Nvidia Geforce 210 1 GB

My hackintosh was like a charm under Lion 10.7.5.
I created a USB stick with Unibeast and my purchase of ML.
Every thing is OK during the installation of ML.

BUT
For rebooting, I am compelled to use "magic" with PCIRootUID=0, GraphicsEnabler=Yes, -v, -x.
And finally, when I get the Mountain Lion screen, impossible to get Multibeast working, every try is failure.
Are the "new" versions of Multibeast less good than the olders ? I really think so.

SO

Thanks to God, I re-installed Lion 10.7.5.
If Lion is stable and works fine, why updating to Mountain Lion ?

I failed with many methods of installing sonwleapord, lion and also mountain lion in my system till now...
Please tell me whether I can do this in my system,
i7 3770 Ivy bridge
Gigabyte UD5H Wifi
2*8 GB DDR3 1600MHz
MSI GTX 560 Graphics card
2TB Hard disk

hi...

i am new user to this site ..... i want to insatall mountain lion on my pc (HP DV4 5008 TX , nvidia geforce gt 630m , i5 2.5ghz ) . FOR that i have created a bootable usb as above explained method ....but i m unable to change my storage cotroller to ACHI mode ....bcoz i dont have any option in BIOS that i can switch to ACHI mode........

i have tried to boot but i am getting stuck at balck screen and after 3-4 minutes it comes with an error screen::-

error: dctable ..... 0x4
error: nvidia system patching

plz help me that how can i insatall osx mountain lion on pc........

thank you..!!

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Ok my post installation is'nt working, can anyone help me with the correct options in MultiBeast?
This is my first build and I have NO IDEA what to check or uncheck here.... All that is for sure is that the installation never works.

my specs are:

GB-Z77x-UD5H-WB
Intel i7-3770
ScanDisk SSD 120GB
Seagate 1TB x 2
Asus DVD writer
TP Link WDN4800

Hi LazerRifle, are you still having issues with your post installation?

Hi I'm try to install ML on a hp compaq cq60 but when i boot by usb the notebook go in boot loop!!!
Please can you help me????!!!
Thank you!

I'm no noob, but this process has me seriously confused.

Nowhere is it explained how the Mountain Lion installer gets onto the USB stick?

UniBeast creates my bootable USB which boots perfectly on the PC, but I can't continue past the boot menu, because it does not contain Mountain Lion. Am I supposed to copy it? If UniBeast copies it on there, where does it get it from? The installation App that it verifies in Applications is only part of the ML installer, at only 21MB in size.

Please someone, save me from confusion :-D

I'm no noob, but this process has me seriously confused.

Nowhere is it explained how the Mountain Lion installer gets onto the USB stick?

UniBeast creates my bootable USB which boots perfectly on the PC, but I can't continue past the boot menu, because it does not contain Mountain Lion. Am I supposed to copy it? If UniBeast copies it on there, where does it get it from? The installation App that it verifies in Applications is only part of the ML installer, at only 21MB in size.

Please someone, save me from confusion :-D
I guess you didn't find this?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/unibeast/73498-unibeast-notes.html

Thanks for catching that.

tonymac has fixed it.

Hi MacMan,
I am running into a problem building a dual boot OSX Mountain Lion/Windows 7 machine. In the 8 prior dual boot Snow Leopard systems I've built I used the TonyMac dual boot guide that instructs to install the Windows OS first. I build 4 partitions on a single physical 1TB drive, 2 for the 2 OS's and 2 for data. In this build with the new Gigabyte Z77 itx motherboard installing the Windows OS first doesn't appear to work correctly. I tried doing it with the guide for installing Mountain Lion via the USB stick/unibeast method and tried unsuccessfully to install Windows first after the partitions were created. It doesn't finish the install after the first Windows reboot during the process. Is there a new guide on dual boot with Mountain Lion? Also, if i could get a screen shot of the Multibeast settings for this board, that would be extremely helpful.

Also, do we have anything new on HDMI for this board?

As always, I appreciate all the help I get and i hope i explained the issues clearly.

upgraded my lion to mountain lion with no problem at all, just followed your guide using unibeast then multibeast... just reinstalled applehd kext... but there is no dvd player and when i launch dvd player apps it gives me this message "There was an initialization error A valid DVD drive could not be found. [-70012]". in lion it's ok dvd is working fine. tried fresh install but it is still the same...

Hi, I'm having the same DVD player issue on 10.8.2

Did you find any solution?

Thanks

Anyone know why when I get to the chimera boot screen and I dont have the option to select my USB from the list. It's only showing my windows HD's...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back