Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed this procedure exactly and installed updated 10.7.2. to 10.8. It rebooted up after the install. Then I ran MultiBeast 5.0.2 with the DSDT for my board and the RealTek network & ALC889 drivers which was successful. Now it will not boot with the apple logo showing but no action. When I use -v it gets to PCI configuration begin then stalls 2 lines leter. The message says "PThreads support ABORTS after primitive misuse"

I have tried the following boot commmands to no avail;
1. PCIRootUID=0
2. GraphicsEnabler=No
3. npci=0x2000
4.-x - stalls at PCI congiguration begin

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

I support the USB 2.0 vs 3.0 on a Gigabyte x58 UD7A board, could not get to the installer screen on a USB3 port.

It also requires that I used the "GraphicsEnabler=no", and I add to that line "-x" safe mode seems to get to the installer more reliably. I do use a NVIDIA EVGA GTX 670 card.

=======================================

However, I cant seem to get the Mac installer to see my SSD drive, when it asks were to install OSX my choices are blank, no hard drives listed.

I have tried the default intel ICH10 SATA slot zero and one, tried the SATA Marvell 9128 chip slot and the JMicron362 slots, I tried a few different cables.

I tried two SSD's in all of the slots above, the first is a brand new blank Samsung 256GB SSD, unformated,and the MOB sees it during start up. I also tried a Crucial C300 older 60GB drive, it is seen in the MOB bios start up and Camelion sees it as well since it has a windos installation on it, and camelion gives the option to boot windows (I dont use it obviously, I boot from the Unibeast USB)

No other cards installed. Video is in first PcIE slot.

I made sure the MOB BIOS is set to AHCI in all cases.

Any ideas?

You probably cant see the ssd drive cuz its not in the proper format. try going to the disk utilities right after you select the language and try to partition the drive like in the guide

Hi.. I have a HP IQ505 dektop. I've successfully installed Mountain lion on it, but when I reboot it won't boot into the mac system. Also, I can't seem to figure out what type of Motherboard my IQ505 have. Please help... thanks.

Hi.. I have a HP IQ505 dektop. I've successfully installed Mountain lion on it, but when I reboot it won't boot into the mac system. Also, I can't seem to figure out what type of Motherboard my IQ505 have. Please help... thanks.

BelArc advisor will tell you. Probably is an HP?

What if you don't have a mac and your friends have already installed Mountain Lion? Will I still be able to download it???

What if you don't have a mac and your friends have already installed Mountain Lion? Will I still be able to download it???
Use your friends computer to create a Apple ID, purchase and download.

His purchase is still on his computer under his ID. Use it.
NO, that is piracy as that copy is only for the computers he owns and has access to.

Have them create a user account on their computer for you and then create a MAS account and purchase Mountain Lion and then run UniBeast on that computer. Then you are completely legal and can use that new MAS account on your new hack to download and purchase other software.

NO, that is piracy as that copy is only for the computers he owns and has access to.

Have them create a user account on their computer for you and then create a MAS account and purchase Mountain Lion and then run UniBeast on that computer. Then you are completely legal and can use that new MAS account on your new hack to download and purchase other software.

I stand corrected, sorry.

when i boot up with unibeast flash drive the chimera boot screen appears but it doesn't show the usb option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back