Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, need some help. I boot from the usb drive, but I can not find with disk utilities the hard drive to format it. It only shows the USB disk. Can anybody help me?

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Hi, need some help. I boot from the usb drive, but I can not find with disk utilities the hard drive to format it. It only shows the USB disk. Can anybody help me?

The disk utility should show all drives and all partitions on your PC; Windows, Linux, or Apple/BSD. If the disk utility isn't detecting your hard drives/partitions, your BIOS settings may be the problem. What are your hardware specs? What OSs do you have installed and where?

Hi Franstisku,

I've got ML 10.8.1 too, managed to install it on my Lenovo W520 ok but after running MultiBeast (with appropriate setting for W520 from Lion gistro guide) I'm not able to boot up my OSx86 any longer... it's crashed.

It seems our ML needs a bit different MultiBeast?

Anybody any idea?

Tomas

Explain how it crashes... are you getting kernel panic? Is it going to black/white screen? When you get to the boot screen, type-v to boot in verbose so you can see the kext load and see where the kernel panic issue is.

Thank You Apull, but that is not my problem.
I am able to start Multibeast, but during the installation
it gives me the error and does not finish correctly.

Can the problem be that I downloaded ML yestarday
and it is 10.8.1?

thank You for helping me!
Frantisek

Your settings are the issue. Unfortunately you'll have to go through a bit of trial and error to get them right. Search for your board in the forum (just type the name in the search field) and you'll find info on the z77 boards. You will likely need a patches BIOS but shouldn't need a DSDT. Search my threads, I did a guide on Z68 boards with nVidia gfx cards... Yours will be slightly different for your board but the links in the guide will take you yo the right places to get what you need.

Hi, I've got Mountain Lion 10.8.1 too on my Lenovo W520. After running Multibeast with suggested setting for my HW (but Lion distro) I'm not able to get my OSx86 start up any longer - a lot of text, panic, crash, have to restore.

I was following [GUIDE] OS X Lion on ThinkPad W520] on http://www.insanlymac.com/
(the screenshot MultiBeast configuration was an attempt to install some devices, I also tried to tick UserDSDT having dsdt.aml / that I got from the guide / saved on the desktop - both attempts ended up with the crash)

Btw. I noticed all packages are loaded (using Kext wizard) before running MultiBeast, sorry if I'm talking nonsense - this is my first Hackintosh.

Anybody any idea?

Tomas

You'll need to restore and start over. When you run MB, check the UserDSDT option but do not place the dSDt on your desktop. This will install all the necessary components to make your HDD bootable. You do not need to check Fake as it is installed as part of the UserDSDT package.

you've to boot from USB and when you get to ML osx screen, go into tools and you can open disk utilities to format the HD,

Hi,

I am having a bit of trouble getting passed the boot screen. I keep getting the little ghost busters symbol anytime I try to boot from my USB drive, I have tried a ton of different flags, but to no avail. I am running a gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3 board with an intel i7 2600 processor.

Hi Everyone. I'm trying to get Unibeast 1.5.3 to install on a USB drive for a Mountain Lion installation. I downloaded Mountain Lion and formatted a 8GB USB drive as instructed - 1 partition, Mac OS X Extended / Journaled, Master Boot Record. Mountain Lion is in my application folder. When I click install, all I get is Preparing the disk for eternity. First time I let it run all night but it never gets further than preparing the disk. I tried several usb drives but all the same. I re-downloaded ML, same result. I thought it might be an installer conflict, so I closed the ML installer that came up automatically after downloaded ML. Same result. I'm doing this on a ML Macbook Air but also tried it on my Hackitosh GA-x58A-UD3R running Lion, same result. Anyone got any ideas?

I'm trying to bring up a GA-H61N-USB3.

Re STEP ONE: I am about to build my first hackintosh, based around the customac 2012 ivybridge pro build. I have ordered the bits then went to the Mac store to buy 10.8.2, but i was refused because my current Mac does not support it. Is there a way round this? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back