Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

I've got mountain lion up and running and everything seems to work fine except that I can't login to the app store. I keep getting "an unknown error has occurred". I've tried everything like deleting networkinterfaces.plist thing and even messed around with the smbios serial number but I'm still stuck. The networkinterfaces.plist fix worked for me in lion so the app store worked fine but nothing is working in ml. Any ideas?

Change your System definition to iMac 11.1, once you have you are able to sign in to appstore, change it back to Mac Pro 3.1

I have gigabyte motherboard ga-z77x-ud5h with wifi&BT with sandy bridge i7 2700K
without graphic card and ssd
and I have HDD x2 500 GB
and Ram 16 GB
please someone help me about this issue to install mountain lion on this ****ing motherboard

Use Unibeast to install ML then run Multibeast after the installation.

Will this work with a sandy bridge system? or just ivy bridge? and does your computer need to be running snow leopard in order to install this?

This version is for Mountain Lion and will work with Sandy or Ivy bridge CPU.

Where/how can I get older versions of Unibeast?
I'd like to test a few things with my rig that appears to have stopped working (out of the "box" that is) with Unibeast 1.5.3 where I was sure it worked fine with previous versions.

There are no old versions of UniBeast, there is only 1.5.3.

Hello,
I would like to ask You for help.
I have made my first hackintosh and I was able to instal ML as said above.
I was not able to run multibeast, it gave me an error, telling me to contact the software developer and minding that i might need to install the software again.
The problem is that i am not able to boot from my ssd on which I installed the ML. I did the installation with all system in, all full ram and all hdd. Was that a mistake?
The lowest ram I can have inside is 8Gb.

This is my build:
GA-Z77X-UD5H + Intel Core i5-3570K + GeForce GT 640 + OCZ Vertex 3 Series 120 GB + 32
GB Corsair + 2x WD 2000 GB

Please can You help me with the right BIOS settings and then how to make the ssd a bootavle drive?

Than You ALL very very much.

Frantisek

PS: Thank YOU Tony very very much for this site and everything around it !

Thank You Apull, but that is not my problem.
I am able to start Multibeast, but during the installation
it gives me the error and does not finish correctly.

Can the problem be that I downloaded ML yestarday
and it is 10.8.1?

thank You for helping me!
Frantisek

Hi, I've got Mountain Lion 10.8.1 too on my Lenovo W520. After running Multibeast with suggested setting for my HW (but Lion distro) I'm not able to get my OSx86 start up any longer - a lot of text, panic, crash, have to restore.

I was following [GUIDE] OS X Lion on ThinkPad W520] on http://www.insanlymac.com/
(the screenshot MultiBeast configuration was an attempt to install some devices, I also tried to tick UserDSDT having dsdt.aml / that I got from the guide / saved on the desktop - both attempts ended up with the crash)

Btw. I noticed all packages are loaded (using Kext wizard) before running MultiBeast, sorry if I'm talking nonsense - this is my first Hackintosh.

Anybody any idea?

Tomas

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 177

Thank You Apull, but that is not my problem.
I am able to start Multibeast, but during the installation
it gives me the error and does not finish correctly.

Can the problem be that I downloaded ML yestarday
and it is 10.8.1?

thank You for helping me!
Frantisek

Hi Franstisku,

I've got ML 10.8.1 too, managed to install it on my Lenovo W520 ok but after running MultiBeast (with appropriate setting for W520 from Lion gistro guide) I'm not able to boot up my OSx86 any longer... it's crashed.

It seems our ML needs a bit different MultiBeast?

Anybody any idea?

Tomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back