Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, can anyone help me with my problem? I succesfully got into the installator, but i divide my hard drive in windows to partition ML and Windows, because i wanna have both os. And in installator, i can only erase this partition, but there is no partition tab :( so i can't set this partition to GUIDE Partition Method. Is there any solutions to have 2 os in 2 partition on 1 hard drive? Thanks for any answers.

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Hello, can anyone help me with my problem? I succesfully got into the installator, but i divide my hard drive in windows to partition ML and Windows, because i wanna have both os. And in installator, i can only erase this partition, but there is no partition tab :( so i can't set this partition to GUIDE Partition Method. Is there any solutions to have 2 os in 2 partition on 1 hard drive? Thanks for any answers.
The only way to do that is to erase and repartition your disk. Which will require you to back up and restore Windows.

Otherwise just buy another disk for OS X.

i am running into an issue. i have gotten all the way through the steps listed on this page. I used the multibeast config shown here (http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...65213-post-your-multibeast-5-screenshots.html) at the top of the page. It shows installation successful and when I reboot my comp it will begin to boot from the correct ssd... but just goes to a white screen. Perhaps i need to select more drivers or do some of the customization options?

My build is all from the customac thread
mb - Gigabyte z77x-up5 th
Proc - intel i7 3770k
Gcard - Invidia geforce gtx 670 ftw
HD - Sandisk extreem 120gb ssd
and tp-link 450mbps dual band wireless n pci-e adapter

Any advice/help you be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Update: I did the entire process over again and this time added the graphics card selection in multibeast. Restarted computer and still getting white screen after trying to boot from the ssd.

PCIRootUID=1 or GraphicsEnabler = no is required for Kepler based 6xx cards.

That worked! Thanks a ton! 2 questions if you dont mind (I noticed you had one build the same as mine so i figured you would know these things)
1) does switching that graphics enabler = no have any effect on performance? should i get a card that graphics enabler can = yes?

2) I got the i7 3770k with hopes of overclocking it. (i'm using the corsair h100 cooler) The z77x motherboard bios has what appears to be a built in overclocking 'menu'. Should I use that or could you direct me to a thread that explains the best way to overclock a hackintosh? And I'm reading that with good cooling, the 4.5 ghz range is still pretty safe. Do you agree or should I only o/c to something more conservative?

Thanks again for helping me get up and running! So excited!

Dear all,

I am trying to install mountain lion and follow the procedure stated here. The problem is in step 2 17 it says that the process will take about 10-15 minutes while in my case it takes only few seconds! So I guess that I am doing something wrong. When I arrive to that state before I push the button it says:

"This will take 8.3 MB of space of your computer. Click install to perform..."

What am I doing wrong? where is the rest of the file? What should I put in Application folder (I tried everything I put packages I took it out etc)?

Can someone help me?

Thanks
http://www.tonymacx86.com/unibeast/73498-unibeast-troubleshooting-notes.html

The only way to do that is to erase and repartition your disk. Which will require you to back up and restore Windows.

Otherwise just buy another disk for OS X.
Thanks for reply.

I'm installing this in laptop, so i dont have any space for second HDD.

Do you think creating restore point will be enough? Or any other way to backup my system?

I bought all components that are recommended here in order to have an easy install. Unfortunately it's not working. After booting from the thumbdrive, I figured out to insert PCIRootUID=0 in order to get the display working. Then the grey Apple logo apears and after that, a grey backround appears with a spinning beachball, which is spinning forever. Does anybody know what I did wrong?

Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH
Intel 3770
Geforce 560TI
16G RAM

Hi, I am a totally new to OSX and all. I have followed the above guide and have created a bootable USB Drive. But when I open the bootloader, I do not see the USB-HDD option. All i see are my windows paritions. Could anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong.
Thanks

hi, i have a HP dv6 7070el
well, i'm booting to the installation but i can't see my HD in the disk utility!!
please, help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back