Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Well i can get the mac installer up only by using safe mode but then when its complete and restarts it hasnt worked

Well i can get the mac installer up only by using safe mode but then when its complete and restarts it hasnt worked
it basically gets stuck at the apple logo screen

it basically gets stuck at the apple logo screen
bit of progress i can boot on the harddrive now but again only in safe mode, any had this issue before?

to Obvious Answer Man if i buy a grapich can i install mac os x 10.8.2 on my pc and thank you for your respond.

Why i can't download the Unibeast 1.5 from this website after i created a account and logged in?

Awesome.
Working properly in a GB Z77X-D3h, G. Skill RipjawsX CL9 2x8 gb (1x8 through installation), i5-3550, integrated graphics adaptor.
Multibeat with maojl atheros net driver and voodoo-vt2021. Sound working.
After updating 10.8.2 doesn't boot even in safe mode.
Tnkx for the guide.

Same situation!!!
Did You Solve ???

I have the same situation also and I can get around it by using UniBeast to boot into safemode. i.e. boot into Chimera, type -x and select my Mountain Lion installed disk.

However when I boot directly from the hard disk or from Chimera without typing -x my system, like above, hangs at a grey screen with the multi-coloured pinwheel. It sits there for an hour or so and then freezes up entirely.
This happens using both my onboard graphics and my Radeon 6550 card.
Has anyone encountered this and solved it?

Is there any reason why AHCIPortInjector.kext is not included in Unibeast or Multibeast? I have a mac running on ASUS motherboard with RAID enabled on Intel ICH10 (RAID is used by Windows). The Mac OS Lion is running onseparate HDD attached to Intel IDE controller but not part of a RAID. With chameleon defaults it recognises the controller and drives attached to it and I never had a problem updating with Unibeast from leopard to lion. But using Unibeast for mountain lion does not see the drives in Intel controller at all now. Installing Mountain Lion on separate HDD attached to JMicron works but it still does not see the current Lion even after booting into newly installed one. Not sure what am I missing and why it was working before - any help please?

Not sure if this question has already been addressed so I'm gonna ask anyway.
I have got SL 10.6.8 installed and the system works perfectly.
I have downloaded the latest copy of Unibeast and purchased Mountain Lion from the app store.
All good so far (Y)
I followed the unibeast guide to the letter when creating my USB drive but it seems to just hang during the "Running package scripts" stage.
Ive checked the installer.log and the last update was just over an hour ago saying:

Oct 23 12:03:11 (null) installd[176]: ./preinstall: /dev/disk4s2 Apple_HFS /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System

I also checked to just show errors in the log window but it shows none. Can anyone advise how long this stage usually takes? as it has been 1 hour and 7 minutes since the last log update. During previous installation attempts it has gone to well over three hours while showing the same information in the installer log.

Feel free to point me to any previous advise that may have been given on the same issue.

works in my PC awesome!! thx tony...
my spec is gigabyte GA-G41M-Combo F3 with core2duo!!

hi, i have the motherboard as ur's but the bios does not reflect any change of SATA to AHCI
than how does it work without AHCI MODE, here i can only change HPET to 64bit
pl help.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back