Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read everything I can get my hands on... I've used every bootleg combination I can find, and I have had no success even getting booted into the El Capitan installer. I have a really great Clover installation of Yosemite on my system, but whether upgrading or fresh installing I have not been able to get my x79 board to play nice and even get me into the installation screen.

My board is: ga-x79-up4
My graphics card: Nvidia gtx 670

I've had lots of Kernel Panics, Hang at PCI configuration, The Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport hang and crash, and a few other similar things.

I'm wondering if the X79 boards really are just not supported. Is there ANY help or advice (or guides) out there with anyone who is using this board that could tell me what I'm missing? I have been doing this long enough that I know I'm missing something small, I just don't know what it could be...

I would be happy to spell out everything I've tried, but since they all haven't worked, it seems like it would be a better route to hear from someone who knows what's up...

I've had a hackintosh for the past 4 years or so and always used chameleon/chimera.

I thought this was the time to go modern and do the clover thing :)

I started with the Unibeast instructions, but then actually followed this guide: https://github.com/theracermaster/Gigabyte-GA-Z77X-DSDT-Patch/wiki, since my mobo is a GA-Z77X-UD5H.

It was an undisputed success.

I NEVER had sleep on my mac, until now.

I got the idea of using this guide from someone else in this thread, so kudos to him !

P.S.:
These is the original link for this solution
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...ll-usb-boot-ga-z77x-up5-partially-solved.html

and a follow up from someone else successful with it
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-supported-intel-based-pc-53.html#post1123056

Last edited:
I've read everything I can get my hands on... I've used every bootleg combination I can find, and I have had no success even getting booted into the El Capitan installer. I have a really great Clover installation of Yosemite on my system, but whether upgrading or fresh installing I have not been able to get my x79 board to play nice and even get me into the installation screen.

I've had lots of Kernel Panics, Hang at PCI configuration, The Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport hang and crash, and a few other similar things.

I'm wondering if the X79 boards really are just not supported. Is there ANY help or advice (or guides) out there with anyone who is using this board that could tell me what I'm missing? I have been doing this long enough that I know I'm missing something small, I just don't know what it could be...

I would be happy to spell out everything I've tried, but since they all haven't worked, it seems like it would be a better route to hear from someone who knows what's up...

I'm in exactly the same boat, Sabertooth X79 board with GTX 670, I've had a stable system running for last 3 years with Chimera, with Clover, I can get to the clover boot screen, but no further. I'm also beginning to suspect the X79 boards aren't supported for El Capitan with Clover, but it also could be down to my lack of knowledge.

I'm just wondering, if you have a working Clover bootloader, why don't you install that configuration on your USB? You'll at least get to the installation part?

For me this was my first installation with Clover and I have to say, it took me quiet some effort this time.
Boot did not work out of the box, I had no idea how to change the Clover configuration and so on.
One day later and not to much sleep everything seems to work on my good old GA-EP45-DS3 with Q9550, 8 GB RAM.
In the end I just made my own Clover configuration and installed this on the USB.

Remarkable events:
- Problems with my USB port. I had the message Still waiting for device while trying to boot. Turned out to be a bad USB port. Switched USB to another one. Will soon have to buy a new desktop.
- After configuring the SMBIOS my wireless USB and keyboard did not work any more. in logon sctreen. Again, switched USB port (how strange????).
- Too me quiet some time to get audio (alc889a). Had to do some more configuration to get the script working.

Well, everything works, including i-message which is the first time in ages.

Thanks Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just wondering, if you have a working Clover bootloader, why don't you install that configuration on your USB? You'll at least get to the installation part?

I'm in exactly the same boat, Sabertooth X79 board with GTX 670, I've had a stable system running for last 3 years with Chimera, with Clover, I can get to the clover boot screen, but no further. I'm also beginning to suspect the X79 boards aren't supported for El Capitan with Clover, but it also could be down to my lack of knowledge.

Hi there i'm using sabertooth x79 with nvidia poseidon gtx 780, el capitan running well on my system (except USB3 still need work on that), i'm installing using clover and following guide in this site. But u need some tweek on installation need to changes config.plist from clover installer (add nv_disable=1 & npci=0x3000)and add AppleGraphicsControl.kext to prevent the black screen after loading, and this happen if u use SMBIOS macpro6,1 & nvidia graphics card, if not using that i think not need to add AppleGraphicsControl.kext. and one thing u need to edit u'r DSDT or SSDT to add the USB2 for work if not it will not loading the installer. I hope this will help you..Cheers

I tried for two whole days to install ElCapitan using Clover on my Asus Saberthooth Z77.
Long story short, it didn't work. For various reasons, but mostly I wasn't even able to boot from anything. From USB, from SDD, from Recovery, nothing worked or even booted. I tried many things but no succes. will have to wait for a proper multibeast post installation. Maybe I'll give it another try then.

Success Guide EL CAPITAN 10.11 Clover - Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H

-I followed the steps of Tony installation guide in a clean installation
-UEFI Boot Mode (Clover_v2.3k_r3270_UEFI.pkg) is recommended for 7/8/9+ Series CustoMac desktops and all UEFI capable systems
-Run CustoMac Essentials to install FakeSMC and Ethernet support
-Restart and unplug the USB installer
-Change the Bios Boot option, to UEFI OS, of your Hard Drive or SSD (if it not boot automatically from it)
-Use Clover Configurator to mount EFI Partition and open your config.plist with it.
-I use SMBIOS iMac 14,2 or MacPro 3,1 - iMac 15,1 don't work for me
-To instal "audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0g.command" i need to disable SIP and restart
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-support/170611-explaining-os-x-el-capitan-security-changes-workarounds-current-information.html
-I need to mount EFI artition to install "audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0g.command" I only install Realtek ALC1150
Confirm Realtek ALC1150 (y/n): y
Enable HD4600 HDMI audio (y/n): n
Clover Audio ID Injection (y/n): n
Wait "Process Complete" -- Done -- Restart
-Select "Internal Speakers" in System Preferences, to have Sound
-SSD Trim Enabler = YES " when I use system on a SSD "
-I don't have Audio After Sleep/Wake --- solution -- use cliffom / appleHDAReset 1.6
https://github.com/cliffom/appleHDAReset/releases

My Hardware list:

GA-Z97X-UD3H
i7-4790K Devil’s Canyon
32GB RAM
1 x GeForce GTX 760 2GB 256-Bit
CORSAIR CX series CX750
1 x WD BLACK SERIES WD1003FZEX 1TB 7200 RPM
AZZA CSAZ- XT1 B Black steel ATX Full Tower Case

How did you solve the gt driver and cdmi audio?

wuzup!!!! GT 520 works OOB I did'nt need any kexts for it,
and about the audio, sorry I meant motherboradrs integrated sound, realtek 887,
I used the script that's on this tutorial, i haven't tried to do the hdmi sound, I think there is a tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back