Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was an excellent guide for doing the Capitan install. I highly recommend that everyone do a clean install rather than trying to upgrade an existing Yosemite image. Having tried that twice I found that the new /S/L/E security model on top off the upgraded image prevented a successful post install resulting in absent ethernet configuration. I would recommend adding pre-installation steps of Carbon Copying the current image and erasing the current drive. In addition, instruct the user to skip the Capitan network configuration screen since the post installation will do that for you automatically. Sound card script worked great too.

Rudi Mania

I'm just wondering, if you have a working Clover bootloader, why don't you install that configuration on your USB? You'll at least get to the installation part?

I have tried both the direct install via the app, and the fresh install with unibeast. I have been unsuccessful in getting to the installer both ways.

It really is a mystery for me. I learned with Yosemite and my other x58 boards that Clover is really awesome. I have had total success with it in every case except for El Capitan on x79-up4.

There seems to be a lot of people having problems getting to the installer using this guide. (I am one of them) On the guide, it says:"Clover Note: UniBeast delivers basic bootloader support based on our testing on recommended CustoMac systems."But it seems not completely true, as I am using a CustoMac and I am having issues....

I can't finish STEP:2
what can i do ? Please.:crazy:
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

I was running 10.11 perfectly but after choos a fast boot option in bios, the os is imposible to boot. I put the bios in previous set up bu not works I try to install the 10.11 clean again like 8 times or more and i can not install so i install Mavericks and this is the error. Anybody can help me with this. Is allways the same error kernel_task

See if you find solution from here --> http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...9-kernel-panic-after-mavericks-install-2.html

Thanks all the Tonymac's team!!

My system is running perfect on El Capitan OS X.

All works fine!!

Audio, trim, ethernet, wake up....all works perfect on my system

GA-Z87X-UD3H + i7 4770K + 16 Gb. RAM + GTX650 2Gb + SSD Samsung EVO 250 Gb

Thanks a lot :clap:

Is OK for the use of all USB3.0s?

I'm running a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 UEFI with a I7 2600K.

El Capitan installs no problem and runs fine...reboots fine...until I install software...

Once I install any software or turn on trim or anything...It takes the USB stick to get back to OS X.

If I rerun clover it will boot fine again...until...I install more software and restart...than it's back to the usb stick...

Any ideas?
Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back