Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to emphasize that I am getting convinced, from my personal experience and from what I've been reading in here, that unlike previous tony's guides, this guide will not work as-is on all custom macs from the buyer's guide list. Is it the case?

I would like to emphasize that I am getting convinced, from my personal experience and from what I've been reading in here, that unlike previous tony's guides, this guide will not work as-is on all custom macs from the buyer's guide list. Is it the case?

The install and config is not exactly the same for all builds, that's easily apparent. There is a new
version of Multibeast coming out soon that includes the Clover bootloader instead of Chimera. So
if you wait for that before installing El Cap it may be the wisest thing to do. It will help everyone
else help you if you list all of your hardware in your profile (shows up just below your avatar icon)
That way we can give you the specific advice that will benefit you. Thanks in advance.

The install and config is not exactly the same for all builds, that's easily apparent. There is a new
version of Multibeast coming out soon that includes the Clover bootloader instead of Chimera. So
if you wait for that before installing El Cap it may be the wisest thing to do. It will help everyone
else help you if you list all of your hardware in your profile (shows up just below your avatar icon)
That way we can give you the specific advice that will benefit you. Thanks in advance.

Thanks trs96. I have updated my profile. In order to keep the forum clean, and if you want to give us some help, this is where we're discussing the installer issues. Thanks again!

Hi everyone.

Firstly just want to say thanks to everyone who has posted something in these forums, it has really helped me get my hackintosh up and running well. I'm a long time lurker, first time poster

I originally built my build in 2013 running Mountain Lion with Chimera bootloader. Yesterday I updated my build from Yosemite/Chimera to El Capitan/Clover. The install went smoothly for the most part, didn't run into any kernel panics or anything and was able to boot relatively pain-free. I also followed the steps to remove Chimera from my drive.

Right now the only main issues that I have are:

• Can't boot using system drive. Any time I try to boot my computer without the USB drive, the system just hops into the BIOS. I can only boot using the USB drive. I've tried following the fixes in the "Big List of Solutions" but it hasn't done much. The instruction I don't seem to understand is "Confirm that you've installed Clover to the system drive and selected Install for UEFI Booting Only and Install Clover in the ESP". I don't know if I ever ran into any option stating "Install for UEFI Booting Only" in any of the steps.
  • My hackintosh doesn't seem to read the SMBIOS settings that I changed in config.plist. I set it to MacPro3,1 using the same serial number as my previous versions, but when I check About This Mac, it classifies my build as iMac (27-inch, Late 2012). I changed all of the config.plists in the EFI partition.

If anyone knows what I might be missing, that would be great.

Also, is there anything that I need to do with my SSDT and DSDT from my previous installations? Since my build doesn't quite follow the customacs, I've never been 100% sure what to do with these files. If anyone could enlighten me, that would be much appreciated.

Sorry for the long post! If you know anything I would forever be in your debt. :thumbup:

When you install the Clover on your MAC there are options that you need to customize. Specifically Install for UEFI Booting Only and Install Clover in the ESP. If you have these options selected then part of the step is you formatting the ESP to Fat32 -- the clover install gives you the terminal cmds to use. but the problem is you have to scroll down on those sections to see then. [see attached screen shot]. you have to make sure that clover can properly boot on your hard drive and then you can install the el capitan post install tools as listed out in the guide.

hopefully this works for you - but either way keep trying!View attachment 157548

thanks For this update Guys :thumbup:

When you install the Clover on your MAC there are options that you need to customize. Specifically Install for UEFI Booting Only and Install Clover in the ESP.

View attachment 157548

Thanks for your response! I'm using Clover_v2.3_r3270_UEFI.pkg (the one provided in the EC post-install tools), and it isn't giving me any options to select. After I select the destination, it just prompts me to enter my password and then installs something without letting me select "Install for UEFI Booting Only/Install Clover in the ESP".

Does my drive need to be formatted a specific way or something? I didn't change any partitioning or anything since updating from Yosemite. Or is this an issue with the r3270 pkg?

For everyone asking for help in this Guide Thread, please start a new thread in
El Capitan Desktop Support to get help with your specific issue. This section of
the site is posting about the how to of the install process guide, not for getting
help with install problems. Thanks in advance.

Is OK for the use of all USB3.0s?

A USB 3.0 16GB or 32 GB drive will work, just make sure to use it in a functioning USB 2.0 port.
Some have reported problems with drives larger than 32 GB some of the 8GB drives do not have
enough space for the Unibeast / El Cap install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back