Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here use usb 8gb or 16gb ? coz i use 8gb always fail.
Why TONYMAC didn't make Unibeast 6 like unibeast 5 with chimera bootloader (simple & easy use) ?
Clover is good but piece of ****!

Clover is the future - it's good that Tony has switched, but hopefully any installation issues will be worked out shortly.

Well done indeed Gentlemen! :headbang:

I kept getting kernel panic. What I had to do was mount EFI on Unibeast drive with Clover Configuator and add NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to 10.11 folder. Then success!

I did the direct update from Yosemite with Clover already running on UEFI. I didn't have any issues installing, but I have some sleep issues now. The computer won't to auto sleep based on the time in system preferences. It will sleep if i manually sleep from the apple menu, but then the video won't work after wake. It seems like everything else is working though after that. Anybody have any suggestions for sleep issues?

STEP 2: Create a Bootable USB Drive with UniBeast
Take a deep breath and take your time- this is pretty simple, but it's easy to miss things if you rush. Follow each step to the letter.
1. Insert the USB drive
2. Open /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
3. Highlight the USB drive in left column
View attachment 151384

4. Click on the Partition tab
5. Click Current and choose 1 Partition
6. Click Options...
7. Choose GUID Partition Table
8. Under Name: type USB (You can rename it later)
9. Under Format: choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
10. Click Apply then Partition

I am using a real Mac that has already been updated to El Capitan to create my Bootable USB drive. Disk Utility has been changed to something that seems less precise with LOTS of gooey GUI. The option to partition does not seem to be available at all times with all USB sticks. Also, the options have changed, so that if it already has one partition, you cannot choose to "repartition" it with one partition. I think that the Erase option with GUID Partition Table does the same thing. You may want to have a modified guide for people using El Capitan to create their USB drive using UniBeast.

Another note: After creating the USB drive, the EFI partition would not eject (I even tried sudo unmount disk1s1 in the terminal). I restarted the computer and was able to eject the USB drive. I did some further checking with disk utility. If I put my Bootable USB drive back in to see if the partition option was available, it gives an error showing that it is not Journaled with an option to rectify the error. Could this be normal for a disk with a Clover EFI partition? Also, could this type of thing be why some people are having trouble with their UniBeast prepared USB drives?

DiskUtility1.pngDiskUtility2.pngDiskUtilityImpreciseGooeyGUI.pngDiskutilityErase.pngView attachment 153538View attachment 153539

Ok I have read all 20 pages and its probably just me being thick but I can't get this memory stick to boot the installer. All I get this the stop sign after the clover boot. Any ideas??

You trying a clean install or an upgrade from Yosemite?

Over the course of the various Unibeast versions, I have found that you might need to run the process again. e.g., reformat the USB drive and create the install drive from scratch. In any number of Unibeast setups, I have had hangs and freezes at some point and the only thing that got me past it was to create a new USB installer, sometimes even downloading a new copy of the Unibeast app to do so. Thankfully, this time all went smoothly.

At this point in time it seems Clover might as well not even be considered working, Ive been fighting with it for hours and as far as the UEFI installer it doesn't work at all on either of my computers, Legacy half works, but always freezes on Bluetooth Transport, They need to fix it, add the option to use Chimera, or switch back to Chimera until they can fix the issue, this is the worst attempt I've seen them do with Unibeast in a long time. I am highly disappointed :/

so does this mean i can use it in school to hackintosh my project ? because i use clover but is this a easy way because i am going to prep the usb soon so i am just asking is this a easy path and does the Clover thing work for OS X Yosemite because the is alot of bugs to work out in El Capitan

Can't find /System/Library/Kernels/kernel" o que fazer. isso esta acontecendo com todo mundo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back