CPU
i7-4770
Graphics
HD5850
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello everybody
Thanx Tony for this guide and everything on this website.

On my main machine I have a H87 D3H mobo with i7 4770 CPU and 8Gb of ram (Crucial) all compatible stuff from previous buyer's guide plus a ATI HD5850.

First of all this is a personal testing process and I'm not responsible of anything. I tried hard the process described on the guide but in my case it just didn't work after several attempts and many hours. I followed the guide and took the advice and didn't get frustrated :)

I've tried hard and several times following the guide line by line but it didn't work, so instead I did this:
- First I've done a backup of everything, of course, very important step !
- Downloaded El Cap from App Store
- Compressed it for later use (after the installing process OS X automatically delete the installer)
- Keeped the original installer on the Applications folder and put the compressed file on another drive.

- Created the Unibeast 6 thumb then reboot using the Unibeast thumb and successfully boot to Yosemite 10.10.5 which was installed previously and running like a charm (it was installed with previous versions of Unibeast/Multibeast). This step is important and let you know if using clover is working or not with your actually config and settings. If not working just remove the USB thumb (+reboot) and everything should work normally.

- Downloaded Clover from source forge and installed it on the HDD.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

- Removed the EXTRA directory from the root of the HDD (not needed anymore because using clover to boot instead of chimera). Did not remove anything from system/library/extensions.

- Reboot successfully and worked flawlessly with clover (Sound, Network, everything still working).

- Installed the downloaded Clover on the USB thumb done before with UNIBEAST.

- Keep the USB thumb connected.
- Launched from the Launchpad the El Cap installation app then wait for reboot.
- Boot from the USB thumb.

- After boot choose the automatically created "Installation Drive" on the Clover boot menu.
- The installation process went automatically rebooted once continued install and then back automatically to the OS X desktop.
- Took from previous Multibeast 7.5 the ALC892 pkg and the Inter1000e network driver and launch those.
- Everything works perfectly now.

Hope this will help to improve the installation process and help someone there.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H-BK (Clover)
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 4GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
At this point in time it seems Clover might as well not even be considered working, Ive been fighting with it for hours and as far as the UEFI installer it doesn't work at all on either of my computers, Legacy half works, but always freezes on Bluetooth Transport, They need to fix it, add the option to use Chimera, or switch back to Chimera until they can fix the issue, this is the worst attempt I've seen them do with Unibeast in a long time. I am highly disappointed :/
They can't just "switch back" to a different bootloader, at the moment the only way to run El Capitan is with Clover. They don't need to fix anything at all and there is nothing wrong with their attempt just because it doesn't work for you.

UniBeast 6 has run perfectly for me doing a clean install from Clover Yosemite installation.

Motherboard
GA-Z77P-D3
CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
ATI Radeon 6850
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Apple
Mobile Phone
Android
I will agree with many of the members here. I, too, followed every single instruction to get EL CAPITAN working on my build. For the past 3 years, I was highly satisfied with Chimera/Unibeast to install updates until Yosemite. I was trying to install EL CAP on a new SSD so I wouldn't have to touch my current Yosemite SSD. While Clover may truly work for some, I presume the majority are scratching their balls in utter disappointment at using clover to load EL CAP. I will keep my system on Yosemite for the moment until (hopefully) Tonymac or macman can get to iron out the problems with clover/unibeast installation. I do appreciate all the work put into this. Two things may happen if I can't get EL CAP to load trouble free on my system: 1. Buy a bloody expensive Mac or 2. Go windows 10 or Linux :(

Motherboard
ASRock h77 pro4/mvp
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
ATI 7870
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
"Can't find kext, press any key". I get this error while trying to boot the USB device. What can I do?

Motherboard
Asus Z370-P Prime
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi there,

I installed El Capitan and everything goes well but only doesn't work my external disk in USB 3.0

When I connect my External disk in USB 2.0 it works but like Hard Disk (no external disk :crazy:) and if I connect it in USB 3.0 it doesn't work ......

Any external pen drive works fine in USB 2.0 and 3.0

Why it is only with my External Disk???:banghead:

Thanks in advance

Motherboard
GA Z170N WIFI
CPU
Intel i3 6100 3.7Ghz
Graphics
Intel® HD Graphics 530
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Other
Great guide, everything works perfectly smooth (clean install).

I have only a question, is there anyway i can auto-boot directly to my OS hard drive from boot menu?

View attachment 153479
Of course. Use Clover Configurator. Note: You have to write the name of disk operating system loads from.
Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 6.41.32 PM.png

Motherboard
P8Z77-V
CPU
i7 3.5Ghz
Graphics
RX 580 8192MB
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Hi, I have 2 different problems.
One with gfx and one safe-mode.

some info about pc: I have a Radeon HD7770 and after Yosemite 10.10.2 I had to edit the AMDRadeonX4000.kext but worked, have 10.10.5 installed.

Now i try to install El captain on a new ssd, with other disks disconnected.

After creating Unibeast bootusb.
The actually install of El captain goes flawless, but on the first boot of the installed version if freezes; I think at the stage where it is trying to load the desktop.

booting with -v flag does not give any error. It freezes as described above.
I tried adding the Verde.kext to clover/kexts/10.11, this should have the same "effect" as editing AMDRadeonX4000.kext but gives the same problem.

When i try booting the system in safe mode with the -x flag but i get the following error: error allocating 0x30b9 pages at... ...type 2
I thought it had to do with OsxAptioFixDrv but adding this to the clover/drivers64UEFI does not allow me to boot with -x either, gives same error.

I have tried 2 ways to update, one was direct from Yosemite with the update (since i already had clover)
but then the system crashes direct on boot with kernel panics.

So on a fresh install;
I have tried injecting ATI, and load different frame buffers.
Chutoro seems to come the closest to desktop, even get to see the mouse arrow. but then the screen goes totally crazy it becomes blue with blocks on it. different frame buffers give either full blue screens or black or ****ed up screens.
I even edited the kext as i did in Yosemite, but then i get a blue screen too.

What else can I try?
and if som1 knows what is causing the safemode problem Im all ears:)

Motherboard
ASRock h77 pro4/mvp
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
ATI 7870
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
This is what I get after booting from USB:

What can I do?

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte B85M-Gaming 3
CPU
i3-4150
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I will agree with many of the members here. I, too, followed every single instruction to get EL CAPITAN working on my build. For the past 3 years, I was highly satisfied with Chimera/Unibeast to install updates until Yosemite. I was trying to install EL CAP on a new SSD so I wouldn't have to touch my current Yosemite SSD. While Clover may truly work for some, I presume the majority are scratching their balls in utter disappointment at using clover to load EL CAP. I will keep my system on Yosemite for the moment until (hopefully) Tonymac or macman can get to iron out the problems with clover/unibeast installation. I do appreciate all the work put into this. Two things may happen if I can't get EL CAP to load trouble free on my system: 1. Buy a bloody expensive Mac or 2. Go windows 10 or Linux :(
success full Hackintosh need patience !! so read the Guide again and again , then try using separate hdd for os x El Capitan . Don't give up .......happy hacking :)