Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
You have two ways to enable trim (depending of the motherboard and chipset), in my case for Intel 9 Series, I've used the 'trimforce' command (native method). The cons (using a older chipset, as series 7): your HDD could be shown as 'external drive'; in this case you may use the TRIM Enabler kext from the latest Multibeast Utility.

Regards!

thank you, the trim force command worked perfectly :)

Hi, having problems with Ethernet. Completed a fresh instal of El Captain followed all the steps and installed the CustoMac Essentials yet Ethernet is still not working? Worked fine on Yosemite. Can anyone help? Thanks

you can download the latest version of yosemite multibeast and install your ethernet kext from that.

Great guide, everything works perfectly smooth (clean install).

I have only a question, is there anyway i can auto-boot directly to my OS hard drive from boot menu?

View attachment 153479

download clover configurator and set your time out to 0

Wow. I am going further and further down a rabbit hole of problems. I followed the instructions and I created two usb drives. One UEFI one and one Legasy one. I first tried the UEFI because my board "MSI p67a-GD65" has a UEFI bios so I thought it would work but it would not boot the installer. So next I tried the Legasy Usb drive I made and it booted right up and I was able to upgrade my Yosemite installation. After it finished I went through the post install process and again tried to do the UEFI install of clover thinking that it might work now that it would be booting off of the hard drive instead of the usb. So I restart the computer and I can no longer get it to boot. So I boot up from the USB again and run the Legasy installer on the drive over the UEFI install that I had already done. When I restarted after doing that, it booted up into clover but my main drive was not visible as a boot option. So I try to boot up with the USB again and now the drive is not showing as a boot option even while booting from the USB. So after reading some stuff online I think that I have messed up my EFI partition on that drive. So I boot into a backup drive and follow instructions on reformatting my EFI partition on the problem drive. Still no luck. So after reading online Some more I think that updating my boards bios to the latest version may help it be able to boot a UEFI install. So I did that and it didn't change anything except now I can't even boot into my backup drive. I am able to boot into the installer using my Legasy USB drive and am getting ready to wipe this drive and start over.

Soooooo any tips?

Is it really worth me trying to get the UEFI version to boot or should I just use the Legasy version because it works.

Thanks.

Thanks to everyone for posting your results

but if you have issues, please

Create a support thread

in El Capitan Desktop or Laptop Support.

Glad that got your attention
:wave:

You will likely get help with your problem sooner
than you ever will in this desktop guide thread.

Z77-D3H, nvidia gtx 560. Removed extra folder and kexts from s/l/e

Attachments

• IMAG0089.jpg
    IMAG0089.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 192
Mine always fail to copy using Unibeast, i already did a surface test to and my USB seems to be ok.
I find it a bit weird that overtime I'm copying the files to the usb it will mount back the USB and show me the files and folders but keep "copying" at least thats what it says until it finally gives me and error after 50 mins or so. So annoying

I tried your installer. The system installed OK "BUT"now when i open my BIOS i see an entry to "Boot from OS X". It's like having another drive to choose from that I don't have. This wasn't there before I used your installer. What is it? Why is it there? and how do I get rid of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back