Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

UniBeast installation requires a HFS-partitioned removable disk with at least 7 GB free.
Can someone help with this error?

Use disk utility and first select MS DOSFat format and erase, then select HFS journaled and erase again. Hit the arrow on the left of the partition tab and combine the drive to one unit. Now erase using HfS journaled format. It sounds like there could be some windows (MS DOSFat) files or format on the USB stick you need to erase it before formatting with HfS journaled.

EDIT: Oh nevermind, got it working right after posted that message below.

I was finally able to install Sierra without problems. Fake CPU ID and free2000.efi solved most of the errors.

Now to problem is I can't boot without the USB stick. I have tried to install bootloader couple of times with Multibeast and with no success. Everything seems to install normally, but when switching the Sierra-SSD as primary boot source, computer can't load Clover/bootloader and asks for valid boot media. I also have another SSD with Win10 installed, which works fine if selected as primary boot media.

So somehow I have messed that Multibeast/bootloader installation..?

While trying to solve that problem I have also tried to get Kaby Lake's iGPU and nVidias GPU to work with no success, but that could be because I have to boot from that USB stick.. Have to get that bootloader work first

Last edited:
Upon installation it gets half way then hangs and goes black on the Apple logo screen. Any ideas?

Hp probook 6560b
12gb ram
250 ssd
I5

Before you hit enter to start boot process, hit the space bar once. The menu should pop up select verbose, and don't reboot on panic. Take a screen shot picture if you have one.

Some things to add in clover kexts " other" folder are FakeSMCkext, and NullCPUMangementkext. They are here on this site in downloads section. Use EFIMounter to access the USB boot EFI clover folder.

FYI, the following statement in "STEP 4: Install macOS Sierra" is incorrect: "for a new installation of macOS, you MUST erase and format the destination drive according to the following steps before continuing (...)". You only have to erase the destination partition.

As of UniBeast 7.0.1 and Sierra, macOS (OS X) Installer has only two requirements: a disk partitioned under the GUID Partition Table (GPT) scheme (as opposed to the "old" Master Boot Record /MBR/ scheme) and availability of an "EFI System Partition", in addition to a macOS system partition. An MBR disk can be converted to GPT non-destructively using numerous tools for Windows, it does NOT have to be re-partitioned from scratch specifically with macOS Disk Utility to be properly recognized by macOS Installer. An "EFI System Partition" can be created under Windows - Disk Management, with the size of at least 250MB (some sources suggest only 200MB), formatted as FAT32 and designated as a special-purpose partition with the Windows diskpart command "set id=C12A7328-F81F-11D2-BA4B-00A0C93EC93B" (for more information about partition identifiers, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GUID_Partition_Table). It does NOT have to be the very first partition on its disk, either, you can cut it out from any free space before a macOS system partition. As a side note: the lack of an "EFI System Partition" is the cause of the famous "mediakit reports not enough space on device for requested operation" error reported by macOS Disk Utility. Finally, a macOS system partition can also be created under Windows - Disk Management and formatted with FAT32 as a "placeholder" partition. If an "EFI System Partition" is (finally) present as well, macOS Disk Utility can be used from within macOS Installer to "Erase" a "placeholder" macOS system partition into a properly formatted Mac OS Extended (Journaled). Surprisingly, macOS Installer also automatically shrinks the chosen macOS system partition by 620MB to create yet another partition for recovery purposes. All preceding or following non-macOS partitions, e.g. Windows Storage Spaces Protective Partitions, remain untouched by macOS Installer.

Warning: the story possibly gets more complicated if a disk to be converted from MBR to GPT contains a bootable Windows installation or if a GPT disk already contains an "EFI System Partition" that needs to be expanded to at least 250MB.

Stork,

See the Multi-Boot forum section's sticky threads for how to install macOS on a drive with Windoze already installed. This guide is for a clean install on a virgin disk.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/multi-booting.153

Oh, I see, I didn't realize multiple guides existed. Perhaps it would be useful to add a short FYI on the subject to this guide as well, since, in its current form, it somewhat suggests that a macOS destination drive absolutely must be partitioned from scratch with macOS Disk Utility, in order for macOS Installer to ever detect it. (At least that's how I initially understood it, but decided to start hacking around it.)

Will it be easier to format the ssd? (However that's done) I'm not wanting windows on it and if I did I would probably buy a second hdd to put it on as to not duel boot.

Hi. I have a desktop with Ga p55a ud3r rev1 mobo and Sierra with Clover legacy boot mode on a hdd and I want to install Sierra on a ssd, the problem is during Clover boot process any usb controlers didnt work nor in installer or hdd. I've tried every usb port and same result. The problem is since I moved to Clover bootloader.

Nevermind,I figured out.

Last edited:
I tried now about 20 different times from different hdd 500GB, 64GB USB, 32GB USB sticks on El Capitan to click "agree" on Unibeast, but can not load Sierra on an empty stick (GUI partitioned, MacOS journaled). I used different Mac IDs such as mini 6,2; iMac 14,2; iMac 13,2; iMac 12,2; iMac 12,1
I tried Clover 2.3 3766 (from Multibeast), I tried current Clover 2.4 (sourceforge), and in between 2.3 (>3766)

What am I doing wrong?

I might have had some trouble with my hardware, when using Mac ID iMac 14,2 - but now the system (as 13,2 on El Capitan appears to be stable - now back on lovely Win7 - what a nightmare this hackintosh and this forum).

Back