Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

So, before starting my own thread, I'll try this one first.

My rig:
MSI Mortar Z270M
Intel i7 7700k
16GB DDR4
nVidia GTX 1070 (not installed at the moment, using iGPU)

So, my original plan was to buy a new pc (or components) and try to install Hackintosh on it, so I could sell my iMac '13 after that.

Just to point out, I'm a total novice what comes installing macOS on PC.. But I know how to use Google :)

I was aware that my MSI mobo is a brand new model with a new chipset etc., so there might be a lot of problems ahead. But what I didn't expect was that I cant even start the installation.

So, I have made a bootable USB stick with UniBeast and with macOS Sierra. I have also changed my UEFI/BIOS-settings as described in here. I have no problem to boot from the usb-stick, it seems to work on every usb-port the computer has. But after that - when trying to launch the installer - I'll get stuck everytime.

My first problem was that quite common problem: line of plus symbols. Thats where I started to googling around and getting familiar with stuff. I tried couple of Aptiofixes (1, 2 and one custom called free2000 which should free up memory for installation to beging) but with no success.

V1 gives me the "Requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block" -alert. V2 and free2000 only give me those plusses.

I have tried tips from this site:
https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/tickets/125/?page=7 (what comes to memmap, I dont't understand anything about result it gives)

I have also tried with and without external GPU, with all USB-ports, with disabling "candy" from UEFI etc.
Those usual bootflags doesn't seem to work..

So, any ideas how to at least start the installation? :) aaand if you ask me to do something, please be specific at first. As I said, I'm quite new with these kind of things and not so familiar with different bootflags etc.

Last edited:
So, any ideas how to at least start the installation? :) aaand if you ask me to do something, please be specific at first. As I said, I'm quite new with these kind of things and not so familiar with different bootflags etc.

Please note that your Kaby Lake CPU is not natively supported in macOS.
The CPU requires a FakeCPUID (with Skylake ID) to boot.

Oh! I knew that Kaby Lake isn't supported but didn't even think it could prevent starting the installation. Thanks!

not recognising your hardware so probably no one will be able to help you
Hey ,are you sucess with your pc ?I got a simlar configure pc with yours . I read "Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC" ,and with this method to make a usb install .Now I cant go into install page when I select boot from usb ,instead it load my win10 system .I wonder if it because my install usb is not ok?

Hey ,are you sucess with your pc ?I got a simlar configure pc with yours . I read "Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC" ,and with this method to make a usb install .Now I cant go into install page when I select boot from usb ,instead it load my win10 system .I wonder if it because my install usb is not ok?
you need to update your hardware profile, if you have a laptop then:

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

And post your questions in the Sierra Laptop Support forum section, not here as this forum section is for Desktops.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/sierra-laptop-support.188/

you need to update your hardware profile, if you have a laptop then:

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

And post your questions in the Sierra Laptop Support forum section, not here as this forum section is for Desktops.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/sierra-laptop-support.188/
Okay,thanks a lot.Im so sorry for I take a mistake. When I erase the usb I select a wrong format.

A big thanks to this community, especially Tonymac, Goingbald, Pike and Rehabman!! I'll buy all of you a cup of coffee digitally.. ;-). (yes, I'll check the donation pages.. )

Fixed my i7 6700k + GA Z170X Designare + Nvida 980 ti + Samsung EVO 960 M.2. in a Corsair 570X case fresh install last night and things run really smooth.
- Important thing I learned from Rehabman's tutorial on making a NVMe drive work: If you have this newer 960 drive you don't need to generate and place the kext file, you only need to modify the config.plist because the of the 4k block size capabilities of the drive. Place Pike's code and the drive will be visible in the installer.
- I couldn't get the Nvidia web driver to load, but used the Clover EFI v2 to enable the EmuVariableUefi-64, switched the Nvidia inject off so all VRAM was shown in OS X.
- I always use an external sound solution called iMic and love it. So sound is off in the BIOS.

Now I need to find a better Bluetooth adapter so I can use the wireless mouse again.

Last edited:
Now I need to find a better Bluetooth adapter so I can use the wireless mouse again.
See the tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide, Accessories section.

See the tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide, Accessories section.
STORK! Thanks, your build descriptions were also really great in the 'golden build' category.

Took the plunge and I'm in the process of updating to Sierra from El Capitan.

GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | i7 | GeForce GTX 660 | 32 GB Ram (similar to Stork's Thunderbolt build).

Installation was based on this threads directions from a Unibeast USB. Not a clean install.

After the install over my El Capitan, I receive kernel panic upon booting from the USB from the Sierra install (BTW: It still says "Boot Mac OS X from El Capitan" in the clover bootup screen).

I tried the -v flag however the system reboots so quickly after displaying the end of the script, so I can't read the information. Is there a way to pause the boot up process so I can read the information?

I removed my graphics card but that didn't change anything. Same kernel panic.

Any suggestion (please)?

Back