Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

I tried now about 20 different times from different hdd 500GB, 64GB USB, 32GB USB sticks on El Capitan to click "agree" on Unibeast, but can not load Sierra on an empty stick (GUI partitioned, MacOS journaled). I used different Mac IDs such as mini 6,2; iMac 14,2; iMac 13,2; iMac 12,2; iMac 12,1
I tried Clover 2.3 3766 (from Multibeast), I tried current Clover 2.4 (sourceforge), and in between 2.3 (>3766)

What am I doing wrong?

I might have had some trouble with my hardware, when using Mac ID iMac 14,2 - but now the system (as 13,2 on El Capitan appears to be stable - now back on lovely Win7 - what a nightmare this hackintosh and this forum).

Giving up after only 20 tries, your just getting warmed up! If you have Sierra downloaded from App Store there is also a Clover instal guide that uses Terminal to load the USB.

thanks for the fast replies!

EDIT:
I think I should try again: using smaller USB stick (I tried several, but also 64GB which might be too large according to the trouble shooting list)
loading new from Apple store. I tried that already, but then didn't continue after a pause.
so, there is something to try.

I know it wouldn't be easy, since it took me three months to get the first hackintosh/PC built and working - but now I just want to catch up with the MacOS.

Last edited:
When I try to install sierra, I get to the OsX installation and I can sometimes select which hdd to install to. Whether I do or just let my computer sit, it will reboot on its own... any help is appreciated. I have Mavericks installed currently. UEFI z68x gigabyte motherboard

When I try to install sierra, I get to the OsX installation and I can sometimes select which hdd to install to. Whether I do or just let my computer sit, it will reboot on its own... any help is appreciated. I have Mavericks installed currently. UEFI z68x gigabyte motherboard
Boot into Mavericks, and, using MultiBeast for Mavericks, change your system definitions to iMac14,2. Sierra does not support MacPro3,1.

Customization > System Definition > iMac > iMac14,2

Boot into Mavericks, and, using MultiBeast for Mavericks, change your system definitions to iMac14,2. Sierra does not support MacPro3,1.

Customization > System Definition > iMac > iMac14,2

I think that is what I'm on but I'll try it! Thanks...

I'm using El Capitan, my definitions were set to 14.2 could it be something to do with the 2500k unlocked? everything in the bios is set to auto with cpu speeds.

I set all my cpu bios settings to auto as well as tried cpus=1 for 1cpu as well as pulling out all but 1 ram chip, which I've tried in past installs for issues but doesnt help in this case. My computer reboots when in installer after a minute or so.

Last edited:
Hello there i'm trying to make s new USB to install Sierra but when i mount the installation on Unibeast i receive this alert Make sure neither 'OS X Install ESD' or 'OS X Base System' are mounted on your drive" Wath i have to do??? Thanks

Hello there i'm trying to make s new USB to install Sierra but when i mount the installation on Unibeast i receive this alert Make sure neither 'OS X Install ESD' or 'OS X Base System' are mounted on your drive" Wath i have to do??? Thanks
Open Finder and if either are mounted then right click them and select Eject.
You may also Unmount them using Disk Utility.

BTW : You do know that your GT610 will not work in Sierra don't you ?

I keep getting a kernel panic. After searching a bit it appears to be a memory problem, my mobo has only one working RAM slot so I thought adding memory information in clover config would be my solution as it has been for others who received similar KP. So I tried modifying the clover config and I've also booted in safemode(I always boot verbose).
Besides that I don't really know how to proceed.

I've been able to install mavericks and yosemite on my desktop before(almost no problems). But I've never seemed to get past Clovers bootscreen, and it never reached the installer on previous attemps.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• help.png
    help.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 113
Back