Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Hardware:

~ Mobo: Asus Z97-P

~ GPU: MSI 1GB Nvidia GT210 (PCI-E card)

~ CPU: G3258 (I use fakecpuid=0x0306A0 with El Cap, no issues at all)

~ RAM: 4x2GB DDR3

~ I used "Nvidia injection" when creating the Sierra USB installer, as I have a GT210, works in El Cap, as everything else does.

My UEFI is setup as per post #1 - it works perfectly for El Cap, always has.

I have had El Cap installed on this machine for 9 months, no problems EVER. I created the installer as per post #1 perfectly and have not modified the /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist of the installer USB *at all*, but when I boot from USB with "-v" verbose flag, I get this screen, and then it crashes and reboots the PC:

30249106313_ec121662d7_h.jpg

If I then try, but boot with the USB installer's (temporary) flag for binary menu set to my G3258's fakecpuid=0x0306A0, as I have set in my El Cap permanent config.plist, I get the "System uptime in nanoseconds" message and it hangs.

I'd upload the entire boot video, except I don't have the time. Additionally, I noted that the only boot flag my working El Cap system uses in /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist is "-xcpm" - I renamed the Sierra USB installer's config.plist and then dragged my El Cap (working) config.plist to the USB installer and attempted boot - nothing - I get the "System uptime in nanoseconds" message and it hangs.

Any ideas would be most gratefully received, thank you.

Last edited:
(Update)

I got Sierra installer working - I hadn't put the Intel null power thingamajig kernel extension in the folder named "other" on the USB installer. Having done that, and copying my el cap config.plist over to the installer, it booted fine and installed on my spare test hdd.

My opinion? Meh, big deal - what's all the fuss about? It's the same as El Cap except for a few features like Siri, PIP video player etc.

Ah well, at least it works.

Already tried but its not detecting my codec i have a Z170 motherboard
Hey man. I also have a Z170 MOBO and after booting up through multi-beast the apple logo appears and nothing seems to happen. Any chance you could let me in on what BIOS settings you have to make sure this is not the issue? Thank you.

Hi,
i've installed successfully Sierra following this great tutorial.
I've an HD 4400, can anyone help me installing this one please?
Thank you

I've made my hd4400 works well.
Now i want to have audio, the only think i've is the code: 8086:9c20
Thank you

Sabertooth Z77 (bios v 1708)
i5 3570k
GTX 680
PCE-AC68
Xonar DGX

I've followed the tutorial to a T. I've got to booting into macOS on the ssd via clover on usb, but there are many many problems.

1. The bootloader doesn't seem to be on the sierra drive correctly/at all. I can't boot into the drive without the clover usb.
2. My GTX 680 doesn't seem to be working correctly, only detecting one monitor and it has an incorrect resolution at that. (also lots of screen tearing, graphical glitches with scroll bars etc).
3. My Asus PCE-AC68 isn't working at all, I have the option to "Turn WiFi on" but clicking it does nothing. I've read this is supposed to work otb and be recognised as an airport extreme, this is not happening, it is showing up as a 3rd party yada yada.
4. My audio card(Asus Xonar DGX) isn't being recognised.

To reiterate, I've followed the guide exactly, all the bios options are correct etc., i can boot into the os on the ssd but many things are broken.

Can anybody see where I could be going wrong?

As I type this I am going to reformat the ssd and try install sierra again.

Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 15.09.00.png

Is it possible to use usb created this way just to update from El Capitan to Sierra? I know there is a guide for update, but I have problem after install Sierra - since I boot from USB my laptop can't see Install macOS Sierra from disk where I already have El Capitan and Update to Sierra :(

Sabertooth Z77 (bios v 1708)
i5 3570k
GTX 680
PCE-AC68
Xonar DGX

I've followed the tutorial to a T. I've got to booting into macOS on the ssd via clover on usb, but there are many many problems.

1. The bootloader doesn't seem to be on the sierra drive correctly/at all. I can't boot into the drive without the clover usb.
2. My GTX 680 doesn't seem to be working correctly, only detecting one monitor and it has an incorrect resolution at that. (also lots of screen tearing, graphical glitches with scroll bars etc).
3. My Asus PCE-AC68 isn't working at all, I have the option to "Turn WiFi on" but clicking it does nothing. I've read this is supposed to work otb and be recognised as an airport extreme, this is not happening, it is showing up as a 3rd party yada yada.
4. My audio card(Asus Xonar DGX) isn't being recognised.

To reiterate, I've followed the guide exactly, all the bios options are correct etc., i can boot into the os on the ssd but many things are broken.

Can anybody see where I could be going wrong?

As I type this I am going to reformat the ssd and try install sierra again.

View attachment 220045
This is a Desktop Guide thread not support. Open a new thread in Sierra Desktop Support to get help with the install.

Back