RX 580
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Classic, iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook, Quadra, SE/30
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
You said
e. For Format: choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

Why not APFS ?
Same here. I'm wondering if they've tweaked APFS. IDK if there's a package or revision number for APFS. I'd steered away from it because of problems with media drives.

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
You said
e. For Format: choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

Why not APFS ?
Some people will be staying with HFS+ so for them, formatting the drive APFS would be a mistake. For those that want APFS the conversion happens automatically. There's no need to format the drive as APFS in advance for that.

Motherboard
MSI Z370 SLI Plus
CPU
i7 8700K @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
EDIT: issue resolved, i did not properly follow directions

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H
CPU
Core i5-4460
Graphics
Intel HD4600
Mac
MacBook
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Updated from 10.12.6 on Fusion Drive successfully.

I skipped the whole 10.13 cycle due to lack of Fusion Drive support by High Sierra. I knew there was some workaround but I just didn't want troublesome on each of its following updates.

Upon 10.14 being officially available in App Store, I downloaded the installer, made USB with the command line and Clover_v2.4k_r4586-UEFI (UniBeast 9 wasn't out yet at that time). The installation was basically smooth, except that I got stuck at 30% with 'Installation is in progress. Calculating the remaining time...' message and after restarting the installation continued till the end. Booted into 10.14 desktop, I lost audio. Simply overwrote the new AppleHDA.kext by the old working version, my audio came back. Fusion Drive is now in APFS.

Some apps I'm using still crash in 10.14.

Motherboard
Gigabye X58A-UD3R rev.2.0
CPU
i7 950
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 570
This happen when I format flash drive with MBR. When I use GUID, everything is ok, but than, I can't boot from usb, because I got old chipset X58. I just want to try if Mojave can run on my machine.
Any suggestion? Thanks.

Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 7.21.53 AM.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370P D3
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Some people will be staying with HFS+ so for them, formatting the drive APFS would be a mistake. For those that want APFS the conversion happens automatically. There's no need to format the drive as APFS in advance for that.
For me, it gives only 4 options APFS, APFS case sensitive, APFS encrypt

I haven't seen other options at Boot disk utility while formatting SSD. I selected APFS

Well, I installed Mojave by this Basic guide, it successfully installed without errors.

Cheers

Motherboard
asus 110m-k
CPU
i3-6100
Graphics
HD530
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thank You Sooooo Much tonymacx86