Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS High Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Both the 13.1 update and the 13.1 fresh install fail. GA-Z97X-UD7 TH . Onboard (DVI) Video and Ethernet, Logitech Unifying Dongle, Logitech Webcam, IOGear Bluetooth Dongle.

EDIT: It was the Unifying Dongle.. when i removed it and Used Wired Keyboard and Mouse the Fresh install Worked.

Last edited:
I finally succeeded in getting a fresh install of High Sierra. The best tip I could give you is make sure you do not have any other drives active when you try to do the install. This caused me to go around in circles and almost give up. I now have sound and ethernet/wifi. I have computer with an Asus Z-87 motherboard with 16 meg of memory I built from scratch. 3.4 GHz i5 processor unlocked, Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 GPU. Everything is working fine. Hope to upgrade to a better motherboard later.

Has anybody used:

STEP 4: Install macOS High Sierra (this thread)
"9. (Optional) Prevent APFS file system- default to HFS" - to format the boot drive as HFS?

When my KL Rig (signature below) reboots after the first install of OS X 10.13, it immediately begins the next install stage - see attached screen shot. There is no menu to select Terminal and run /Volumes/Image\ Volume/No-Convert

What am I missing?

-NZRichard

Attachments

• OS X 10.13 Install.pdf
    89.3 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
After first reboot u press F8 / F11 or F12 depend of your motherboard and boot again from USB !!!

At this point in the process, you would only be able to boot from the USB drive.

Did you get Step 4 - # 9 to work and format the boot drive in HFS?

Thanks.

patch MBR in HS 10.13 Installer with Unibeast is work ?

Good morning. I am new.
During the installation, I can't use my ps/2 mouse for selecting options. I've stopped the installation for staying far from problems, but: what can I do for going on? Thank you.
You need Voodoo PS2 kext. You need to get it into the Clover kext folder on Unibeast then, on first boot, placed it in the Clover kext folder of the Macintosh HD or install it using KextBeast.

Thank you so much for MultiBeast 10.0. My Hackintosh is working superbly.

I have a question though; I to had to "remove 'nv_disable=1' and add 'nvda_drv=1'". Is there a location I can add this to a config.plist or the ilk in my bootable USB I made with UniBeast? Not a game changer, but something that would be nice so I do not have to keep doing manually during a re-install.

Derp! I found it myself. Duh, it was the config.plist on the efi portion on my usb drive.

Back