Contribute
Register

Unibeast doesn't show my hardrive when selecting where to install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Studio 540
CPU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200
Graphics
Intel G45/43 eaglelake
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Okay, so I downloaded and installed unibeast to a usb drive. The ahci equivalent is set in the bios and then I then boot into the drive without any problems and the install screen appears with no problem. However, when I come to select which hardrive to install on, it doesn't show me the hardrive. However, when I plug in an external hardrive, it shows up perfectly. I've tried replacing the IOATAfamily.kext extension and it still doesn't show up. I've also tried reinstalling unibeast to my usb several times and I would really like some assistance and it would be great if you could help. And, the ahci is set in the bios otherwise the install screen would have never shown up and the drive is a sata drive.
Thanks,
Rohan Rastogi

Go to disk utility and make sure its partitioned as GPT and formatted as mac os extended (journaled). If the drive doesn't even show up in disk utility, it might be a different story.

No, it doesn't show up anywhere including disk utility. That's the thing. I've even added a mbr patch so it should show up. My usb which is partitioned mbr shows up when it says to select a disk to install. :banghead:

.... the ahci is set in the bios otherwise the install screen would have never shown up and the drive is a sata drive.
Not so, the install screen will launch with improper bios settings and/or no drive installed. You'll see what you're seeing, no drives to install to.

Is it plugged into a SATA port driven by the intel chipset? I know some boards have 2 sets of SATA ports, one driven by intel and one driven by some other chipset like Marvell. In any case, I think if you post more information about your system and hdd brand/model, someone might be able to better assist you.

Does the bios recognize the drive?

I had the same problem because I switched my mobo to ahci only on one of the two controllers: I switched one to ahci not seeing I left the Intel controller in raid mode (for my previous win7 raid0 system). Bios was seeing my hd but when booting with Unibeast, Disk Utility didn't show up anything.
So...check your bios settings and try to figure if you also did this mistake. After I realized this, everything worked fine for me.

I don't know if this is also your problem, hope you solve it soon! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back