Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P6T SE
CPU
Intel Core i7 920
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX Vega 64
Hi all, this is my first Hackintosh attempt and I am trying to install Catalina onto my PC using Unibeast. I keep getting this unsupported CPU error and I have scoured the internet but have so far not found a solution that works.
I have attached a screenshot of the error.
Many thanks in advance!
Jonno

IMG_20200309_220819.jpg

It's not an unsupported CPU error, the problem looks to be due to misconfigured graphics.
Oh very interesting. I tried again but with Mojave this time and got the same error and it managed to get to the Mojave installer menu although it only showed through a very small window in the middle of the screen.

Looks like this could be a problem with MacOsX not working correctly with the Vega 64 GPU?
Is there any way to boot through the iGPU and then configure the Vega post install?

IMG_20200310_081650.jpg

Last edited:
zip your /EFI folder and attach it.
Here it is, I have switched back to the Catalina install but the errors and behaviour is exactly the same.
Edit: I tried booting again and after the unsupported CPU message there were some purple streaks that flashed on the monitor and then it went black.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 299
Last edited:
Add Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext.

You don't need the boot argument nv_disable=1 as you don't have any Nvidia graphics to disable.
You don't need a Fake ID for IntelGFX (0x12345678) as you don't have any Intel graphics.
You don't need to Inject Intel graphics as you don't have any Intel graphics.

Add Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext.

You don't need the boot argument nv_disable=1 as you don't have any Nvidia graphics to disable.
You don't need a Fake ID for IntelGFX (0x12345678) as you don't have any Intel graphics.
You don't need to Inject Intel graphics as you don't have any Intel graphics.
Oh okay yeah makes sense. Do I remove the fake ID and Inject Intel graphics in the Clover bootloader or modify the config?

Do I remove the fake ID and Inject Intel graphics in the Clover bootloader or modify the config?

Do it once in the config.plist or do it every time in the bootloader menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back