Motherboard
Probook 440 G4
CPU
i5
Graphics
Integrated
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have been trying to get a probook G2 setup with Mojave and Catalina.

Finally gave up and decided to try UniBeast, and got it to boot all the way to the installer. Then rebooted once to see if it would boot again, and laptop gave me a "cmos checksum" error. I pressed the key to reboot and all was working well again. Then I launched install macos via clover again and it booted. This time accidentally turned the device back off. Got the checksum error again...

Except the last time after accepting the checksum error the laptop went kaput. Now at boot no screen, caps lock flashes (3 flashes), fans spin all the way up.

Tried everything even to the point of disassembling and then taking out the CMOS pushing power button for 120 seconds and putting it back in. Nothing.

Is it all a coincidence, or could the clover boot to macosx installer caused any of this?

I have been trying to get a probook G2 setup with Mojave and Catalina.

Finally gave up and decided to try UniBeast, and got it to boot all the way to the installer. Then rebooted once to see if it would boot again, and laptop gave me a "cmos checksum" error. I pressed the key to reboot and all was working well again. Then I launched install macos via clover again and it booted. This time accidentally turned the device back off. Got the checksum error again...

Except the last time after accepting the checksum error the laptop went kaput. Now at boot no screen, caps lock flashes (3 flashes), fans spin all the way up.

Tried everything even to the point of disassembling and then taking out the CMOS pushing power button for 120 seconds and putting it back in. Nothing.

Is it all a coincidence, or could the clover boot to macosx installer caused any of this?
you could try an EC reset

I have already tried that. I assume the removing cmos battery and holding power button for 120 seconds should have done that as well.

Really wonder if it is possibly a hardware coincidence? So ODD though all the testing I did before UniBeast was fine and those 2 reboot with Unibeast build clover USB and it died...

Hi there,

Try reflashing your BIOS ?

01.47 Rev A seems available ... if model correct etc.

:)
I tried this yesterday at 2 am, and was tired so gave up. Will try again. I am just not sure what the key combo is I should be using on this model. I heard it can be win+b, win+v, all 4 arrow keys.

Maybe even my model doesn't support reflashing in that manner. Might just need to get a new MB lol

Was able to resolve this issue by re-flashing the bios chip with an SPI USB programmer!

Still though after every time I boot into clover I get the "The CMOS checksum is invalid" "CMOS Reset (502)". Doesn't seem like it has crashed as bad as it did that one time, and now if it does can just refresh bios each time.

In a way it has been resolved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back