Contribute
Register

Unibeast and disable SIP for Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this helps a lot.

I have access to a iMac (Late 2015) with Big Sur installed.

Does it use SIP? If not, does it use another method I need to know about? Can you post or link how to disable it?

I might be able to do it today, is why I ask. I would like to use Unibeast for Mojave. Since it has no protections to disable.

Thanks again for your help.
SIP is enabled on Macs by default. To disable it, the method is the same.

Okay, this helps a lot.

I have access to a iMac (Late 2015) with Big Sur installed.

Does it use SIP? If not, does it use another method I need to know about? Can you post or link how to disable it?

I might be able to do it today, is why I ask. I would like to use Unibeast for Mojave. Since it has no protections to disable.

Thanks again for your help.

Okay,

Yes, the instructions for SIP are in Step 2 of our main Catalina installation guide. :thumbup: To create a Mojave UniBeast installer under Big Sur, just do the same.

Remember, as well as "disable" you can "enable" again once done.

Your iMac with Big Sur, has a Recovery partition too - including the new System Security Menu option as an alternative to using Terminal.

:)

Okay,

Yes, the instructions for SIP are in Step 2 of our main Catalina installation guide. :thumbup: To create a Mojave UniBeast installer under Big Sur, just do the same.

Remember, as well as "disable" you can "enable" again once done.

Your iMac with Big Sur, has a Recovery partition too - including the new System Security Menu option as an alternative to using Terminal.

:)
Okay, I will remember to re-enable when I finish.

I thought Big Sur changed things again for its SIP and had to do it differently. But if I can still use terminal in Recovery Mode, then I got it.

Now, hopefully I get to use the iMac today.

Okay, I will remember to re-enable when I finish.

I thought Big Sur changed things again for its SIP and had to do it differently. But if I can still use terminal in Recovery Mode, then I got it.

Now, hopefully I get to use the iMac today.

Yes, Big Sur moved the Security menu option for disabling SIP to the Recovery partition, but Terminal should still work its magic. I was walked through this by an Apple Support tech on a Big Sur machine. Go with whatever works etc.

Yes, Big Sur moved the Security menu option for disabling SIP to the Recovery partition, but Terminal should still work its magic. I was walked through this by an Apple Support tech on a Big Sur machine. Go with whatever works etc.
Good, I'll try both, so I better bring two USB drives. lol Maybe a third one for good measure!

Bummer, I couldn't go up today. They live in a duplex and their neighbor is sick. It's their daughter-in-law, she thinks it's the flu, and she hasn't got back her covid results yet. She says she feel fine for the most part, except being isolated at the home with her husband.

It might be another a week or two before I can get up there.

I spent most of the day with opencore in windows this time. It is going much smoother, but I just finished and it now panics real early.

Something about my macos version is not yet set. I checked my config.plist and it was fine with a couple minor warnings. using my nic's mac address for my ROM number.

Here's what slowgeek said about my config.plist:

I did however, find about my SIP commands in opencore: See pic below.

I also found opencore post install issues section there is a lot more info. It strangely wants me to set SIP to enable (00000000) in the installer, like I accidentally had it in Unibeast. I was thinking of changing it to one of the disabled codes and try again.

FYI, I tried catalina this time as the usb installer guide recommended using it. But I'm not sure the config.plist examples do though.

Attachments

• Disabling SIP.PNG
    Disabling SIP.PNG
    167.7 KB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back