Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP EliteBook 850 G3
CPU
i7-6600U / Skylake-U
Graphics
Intel HD 520
Hey guys!

I would like to install High Sierra on the HDD of my HP EliteBook 850 G3, i have sucessfully created an installation media with UniBeast and able to complete the first step (until the first restart) of the installation process, but after my notebook restarts, i have and odd error message that states the system time is invalid, factory defaults loaded and i should restart the notebook! After restart, i'm able to continue the OS installation, but that fails after a few seconds, my notebook reboots and the process starts again!

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Last edited:
Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

Hey guys!

I would like to install High Sierra on the HDD of my HP EliteBook 850 G3, i have sucessfully created an installation media with UniBeast and able to complete the first step (until the first restart) of the installation process, but after my notebook restarts, i have and odd error message that states the system time is invalid, factory defaults loaded and i should restart the notebook! After restart, i'm able to continue the OS installation, but that fails after a few seconds, my notebook reboots and the process starts again!

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

View media item 190246View media item 190247View media item 190248

Your laptop has a guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/

Thank you, i have already read the guide but i couldn't find anything related in it, or maybe i just don't know what could be related! I'm stuck exactly between the "Preparing USB and initial Installation" and "Post Installation" parts :/

In post #1, you wrote:
"created an installation media with UniBeast"

The guide does not use Unibeast.
Follow the guide as written.

In post #1, you wrote:
"created an installation media with UniBeast"

The guide does not use Unibeast.
Follow the guide as written.

I'm sorry about the confusion, i meant i did not find anything in the guide related to my issue, not that i made the installation media according to it!

But i will give it a try, thank you!

I have followed your guide by the letter and I was able to install High Sierra on my laptop and right now I'm writing this from it, thank you very much! :)

However, I had that same weird error message at every reboot, just as before: http://i.imgur.com/fQ0zP5a.jpg

Also, after the first restart the notebook restarted again almost immediately, showed the same error message but at the 3rd boot it continued the install, and even right now, the error message pops up at every restart but well, I can live with it!

I also came to know that I will most likely never have WiFi and audio working with these specs but that is okay as well, since I want to use only Xcode.

Right now, I'm trying to make the installed OS bootable without USB, but so far I have no luck, the exact same method, described in the second post of the guide + the rc scripts does not seem to work for me... :/

Well I might have figured the boot problem out, I have a "UEFI Mac OS X" entry which is not working and I have tried that and a "UEFI - SSDID" which is working, but only boots into Clover, no auto boot and countdown after that!

Well RehabMan, I have to say you are really something!! I was able to get to work almost everything flowing your guide, I can't thank enough for your hard work!

Only two things left, since I have Intel AC WiFi I assume it is never going to work, but thats okay, however, I can't change the brightness of my screen! Of course I have the backlight kext with the rest but do I need to do anything extra other than put it into /L/E?

I have followed your guide by the letter and I was able to install High Sierra on my laptop and right now I'm writing this from it, thank you very much! :)

However, I had that same weird error message at every reboot, just as before: http://i.imgur.com/fQ0zP5a.jpg

Also, after the first restart the notebook restarted again almost immediately, showed the same error message but at the 3rd boot it continued the install, and even right now, the error message pops up at every restart but well, I can live with it!

I also came to know that I will most likely never have WiFi and audio working with these specs but that is okay as well, since I want to use only Xcode.

Right now, I'm trying to make the installed OS bootable without USB, but so far I have no luck, the exact same method, described in the second post of the guide + the rc scripts does not seem to work for me... :/

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back