Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7
CPU
I7-4790K
Graphics
RX 590
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I can not get UniBeast 10.3.0 to create an Catalina USB installer on my M1 Mac.

I have downloaded 10.15.17 (Installer macOS Catalina) and placed it in the apps folder and disabled System Integrety Protection but Unibeas still fails to install on the USB stick (that normally works). Just get an can not install on to USB error and that is that. Nothing on the USB.

Any suggestions/guides? Need to get an old install on an intel PC going again.

Thank you in advance!

I can not get UniBeast 10.3.0 to create an Catalina USB installer on my M1 Mac.

I have downloaded 10.15.17 (Installer macOS Catalina) and placed it in the apps folder and disabled System Integrety Protection but Unibeas still fails to install on the USB stick (that normally works). Just get an can not install on to USB error and that is that. Nothing on the USB.

Any suggestions/guides? Need to get an old install on an intel PC going again.

Thank you in advance!

How about trying the Terminal "createinstallmedia" command?

Check out the Release version command:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lic-beta-installation-usb.278188/post-1964118

Just need to add your own EFI.

I've done this on my M1 but not specifically for Catalina, but High Sierra and Big Sur instead.

How about trying the Terminal "createinstallmedia" command?

Check out the Release version command:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lic-beta-installation-usb.278188/post-1964118

Just need to add your own EFI.

I've done this on my M1 but not specifically for Catalina, but High Sierra and Big Sur instead.
Thank you for the advise!

Somehow I can not get it to work in terminal with the command you linked to. I get an command not found error. See below.

~ % sudo /Applications/Installer\ macOS\ Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app --nointeraction
sudo: /Applications/Installer macOS Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia: command not found

I have checked the installer app in the apps folder and the createinstallmedia command is where it should be ....

Very strange. I have redownloaded (using macOS Catalina Patcher) but still the same :?:

Thank you for the advise!

Somehow I can not get it to work in terminal with the command you linked to. I get an command not found error. See below.

I have checked the installer app in the apps folder and the createinstallmedia command is where it should be ....

Very strange. I have redownloaded (using macOS Catalina Patcher) but still the same :?:

Hmmm... Okay.

If neither UniBeast or the "createinstallmedia" command works, then it seems something else must be causing the error. Very unusual as these are the commands everyone building a hack uses. An M1 Mac Mini came with Big Sur, now M1 machines come with Monterey. Terminal is the same app on both, function-wise, and broadly speaking so is the command.

A possible problem could be caused by a "broken" installer pkg or app. Check the filesize. Is it the full installer or the Recovery one?

Sorry, otherwise I don't have enough information so far to pin-point your problem.

Last edited:
Hmmm... Okay.

If neither UniBeast or the "createinstallmedia" command works, then it seems something else must be causing the error. Very unusual as these are the commands everyone building a hack uses. An M1 Mac Mini came with Big Sur, now M1 machines come with Monterey. Terminal is the same app on both, function-wise, and broadly speaking so is the command.

A possible problem could be caused by a "broken" installer pkg or app. Check the filesize. Is it the full installer or the Recovery one?

Sorry, otherwise I don't have enough information so far to pin-point your problem.
No problem! :)

I think it would be enough for me to have an USB with a clover bootloader on. The issue with the old PC is that I installed Ubuntu on a secondary SDD and somehow Ubuntu placed the grub2 bootloader on the EFI partition on the main SDD where Mac OS was/is installed instead of the secondary SDD where Ubuntu is installed .... :evil:. Now the PC goes directly to grub2 instead of clover. I need a clover install (or something else) to load MacOS so I can clean up the EFI partition.

Any suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back