Not open for further replies.

eef

Motherboard
Asus Maximus viii Hero
CPU
i5-6600
Graphics
GTX 1070
Is this a path towards an easier opencore configuration method? I switched from Clover to OpenCore prior to installing Big Sur, and it went relatively easily. After the initial install, all the point updates were completely seamless (once I removed the USB hub that blocked clean reboots) but I have been unable to upgrade to Monterey.
Should I try this tool?

What went wrong ? What upgrade method are you using ?
I can no longer recall the error message. At this point I think I am going to wait for Ventura to come out of Beta, so I don't have to go through the pain twice. I was just posting here to see if there was an "easier" way to configure OpenCore, or to figure out what is missing.

So to refresh my memory I tried again. Used the Install app, it rebooted my machine twice, no visible errors, but I am still on Big Sur, 11.6.8
Hi @eef,

If it helps I have a build for Skylake on Monterey here > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...4-ga-z170n-wifi-samsung-860-evo-rx550.313767/

Please note your Nvidia GTX1070 is not going to work on Monterey. You will have to either use the Intel IGPU or add an AMD DGPU such as a RX580.

As for Ventura it may be a little tricky because Skylake support has been removed by Apple. However I have heard some successes online regarding tweaks for Skylake-based systems on Ventura. I haven't tested it yet as it's been a while since I used the Z170 board as I upgraded to a Z590 Rocket Lake setup.

Hi @eef,

If it helps I have a build for Skylake on Monterey here > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...4-ga-z170n-wifi-samsung-860-evo-rx550.313767/

Please note your Nvidia GTX1070 is not going to work on Monterey. You will have to either use the Intel IGPU or add an AMD DGPU such as a RX580.

As for Ventura it may be a little tricky because Skylake support has been removed by Apple. However I have heard some successes online regarding tweaks for Skylake-based systems on Ventura. I haven't tested it yet as it's been a while since I used the Z170 board as I upgraded to a Z590 Rocket Lake setup.
I really should update my build info, that was my original hackintosh. This one is the replacement it is a i9-9900K on a Maximus ROG XI Hero motherboard, with a AMD RX 580 GPU (as you suggest!).

I had to get reid of the 1070 some time back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back