Contribute
Register

Unable to pass clover bootmgr to install High Sierra [Log/Verbose included]

Status
Not open for further replies.
From where did you download High Sierra ?
How and on which hardware did you create your USB installer ?

i downloaded it from the AppStore, a User provided me the link as it was showing me Mojave instead of High Sierra

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-14-1-cannot-be-installed.263957/#post-1842889

I created it on a MacBook Pro late 2011, i used the same MacBook and used Unibeast to create the bootable drive, after that i used the clover EFI Bootloader to install the latest bootloader.

This is the command in the config.plist file "dart=0 nv_disable=1 -v"
No idea then, unless the config.plist you are looking at is not the one that you are booting with.

No idea then, unless the config.plist you are looking at is not the one that you are booting with.

Any idea to what other config.plist that could be causing this issue ?

Should i post my EFI drive ?

Any Possible solutions are welcome, i will try any solution and see if it will help fix the booting errors.

I'm having the same issue. Downloaded High Sierra from the app store and then used unibeast to create the USB installer, but can't get it to boot either.

I'm having the same issue. Downloaded High Sierra from the app store and then used unibeast to create the USB installer, but can't get it to boot either.

There might not be a fix for this...:cry:

There might not be a fix for this...:cry:

I'm sure there is - otherwise how would anyone be able to install High Sierra.
I've made 2 hackintoshes but never had this much trouble getting the USB installer to boot.
I messed up my El Capitan on the intel NUC trying to directly update it to High Sierra and so am now looking at a clean install. I know enough about the boot arguments and config.plist and the drivers64UEFI folders for clover, but can't seem to find the right options for my hardware this time around.

I've been having the very same installation issues with a version of HS I downloaded from the app store. I've tried everything and read everything, all I can assumer it is now is either the HS version from the app store isn't doing its thing or the fact my bios version is too new for the installer. Anyone able to provide a good working link for HS?

I'm getting somewhere!
Don't give up hope just yet :thumbup:

Attachments

• 20181107_115013.jpg
    20181107_115013.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 41
In clover boot, I went to options, selected PCI devices, and added options for USB ownership and USB injection. From there I was able to boot the USB drive and start installer.

Attachments

• 20181107_120909.jpg
    20181107_120909.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 62
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back