I have a custom built PC with the following specs:

MSI B85 - G41 PC Mate
EVGA Geforce GT 740 2GB
8GB HyperX Blue RAM
1x 750GB WD Green spanned with 1x 250GB WD Blue as storage, Formatted in NTFS
120GB Kingston SSD with Windows 8.1 Pro
3x NEC MultiSync LCD2090UXi
Netgear WNA3100 Wireless Adapter

I have tried the -x, -v, etc. boot flags, but nothing seems to work. I have unplugged all other drives except for a 320GB Laptop HDD. This HDD will be installed to replace Windows 8 if OS X will work.
It flashes the boot logo for a split second, then reboots.

Any suggestions?

what have you changed in BIOS compared to factory values

I have a custom built PC with the following specs:

MSI B85 - G41 PC Mate
EVGA Geforce GT 740 2GB
8GB HyperX Blue RAM
1x 750GB WD Green spanned with 1x 250GB WD Blue as storage, Formatted in NTFS
120GB Kingston SSD with Windows 8.1 Pro
3x NEC MultiSync LCD2090UXi
Netgear WNA3100 Wireless Adapter

I have tried the -x, -v, etc. boot flags, but nothing seems to work. I have unplugged all other drives except for a 320GB Laptop HDD. This HDD will be installed to replace Windows 8 if OS X will work.
It flashes the boot logo for a split second, then reboots.

Any suggestions?

For a successful booting of a Unibeast or Clover Yosemite USB Installer [and I am assuming you are using the Unibeast Yosemite USB Installer] you need the following things:

• A Unibeast Installer created following the Guide in a Mac or Hackintosh computer and tested in that and shown capable of booting. [I am assuming that is what you have done]
  • Connecting that USB Installer to a USB-2 port known to work in the computer the Installation is going to be done. [I assume that is the case here]
  • Accessing the BIOS setup and first Load Optimized Default or Default BIOS followed by making the Right choices among options for OS X installation >F10 and Save and then boot into the 'healthy' Unibeast USB Installer [I assume that was what is done]
Since you have an
EVGA Geforce GT 740 2GB
which does not have an nVidia Webdriver installed yet I suggest the following boot flags :

-v -x -f nv_disable=1

If the boot screen stops, get a very legible image of the text-based boot screen and upload to the Forum using the Attachments tool toward the right end of Tool bar here.

Good luck

I wasn't able to get a picture of the text in time. But the last line says something about boot args
IMG_0017.jpg

I wasn't able to get a picture of the text in time. But the last line says something about boot args
View attachment 145781

Is your BIOS running with Latest available firmware?? If Not, update it to latest and check booting.

After updating the BIOS if the same reboot issue, then patch the kernel as per below guide and try booting with patched kernel in place (Guide is for upto 10.10.3, most probably will work on 10.10.4 too.)

GUIDE : http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ng-kernel-haswell-cpus-xcpm-early-reboot.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back