Contribute
Register

Unable to get GTX 1050 info/details on system report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: still not working. Display memory listed as 14MB and the screens refresh and blockiness means this is not using the driver, at least not correctly.

Timeline:
Installed El Capitan 10.11.6
Installed nVidia WebDriver-346.03.15f02
Had issue so followed instructions to include the EmuVariableUefi-64 and RX scripts on target volume items in the Clover installer.
Still had issue
Found that the 2017 security update wasn't part of my 10.11.6 download a few days ago. Applied that.
Installed WebDriver-346.03.15f08 (the nVidia manager alerted of the update once security update was installed)
Just to be sure, re-ran the Clover installer to make sure the same options were enabled.
The nVidia control panel shows the web driver is being used but same issue occurs.

NvidiaWeb = true
Inject Nvidia and Intel = false
Disabled integrated graphics
no ig-platform-id

nvda_drv = 1 when I look at Boot Arguments in the Clover boot screen but nvda_drv is no present in the control.plist file.
  • so, tried booting as-is and same problem
  • tried booting and manually deleting the dvda_drv = 1 out of the boot screen Boot Arguments; same problem
  • tried modifying the control.plist file to insert dvda_drv = 1 and rebooted; same problem

Last edited:
Update again. I was looking for any new thing to try and combing through other forum threads and came across a post in:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ers-for-os-x-10-11-6-346-03-15.198033/page-12

It mentioned system definitions and some edits to the config.plist. I changed my definition from MacPro3,1 to iMac17,1. I also made a change to the config.plist in the <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key> section as described in the thread. Rebooted and one positive was my machine boots WAY quicker now. Still have the display memory issue. Check the EmuVariableUEFI-64 and RX scripts and they were no longer shown as installed so I re-did that and verified the NvidiaWeb = true.

After reboot it still has the same problem. The changes was meant to fix another issue on the original poster but I figured it was worth a shot at this point. I at least get the quicker boot. Oh and a kernel_task taking 100% of a CPU core went away.

I'm writing these updates hoping something might catch someone's eye but also to document what I've done since I'll sometimes lose track.

Hi,

I have a similar problem on my nvidia Gigabyte GV-N1050OC-2GL graphics card, Sierra 10.12.6 and recent webdrivers:

The driver loads (I can see com.nvidia.web.GeForceWeb, com.nvidia.web.NVDAResmanWeb and com.nvidia.web.NVDAGP100HalWeb in the kextstat list), but the system info should "unknown device nvidia" and "256mb" vram.

On the other hand luxmark reports a full nvidia opencl geforce 1050 device with 2GB vram. So, I assume the system info lag of correct info is just a cosmetic problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back