Contribute
Register

Unable to boot macOS or Recovery but need to bring WEG to L/E folder... Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
As stated in title, I think I made a mistake and installed Lilu and VirtualSMC to Library/Extensions, but at the time didn't realize WEG would be critical for booting up... and sure enough, I get a graphics error after the Apple loading screen. I've tried countless things (flash BIOS and change default graphics, not injecting kexts, injecting kexts, safe mode, etc) but I can't boot up. Anything.

Now, I can boot Ubuntu off a USB stick to open up the EFI partition but that doesn't seem to offer me anything, considering the WEG kext is already in the Clover EFI folder but clearly not being recognized when it needs to be. And I can't seem to mount the Catalina partition on Ubuntu.

Also, I can't boot to Recovery so I can't even access the Terminal. Is this possible using the clover shell? I am on track to installing a fresh install of Catalina on another drive and seeing if I can modify L/E that way...

Any thoughts? Much appreciated.

you can boot into safe mode right from clover but i doubt you installed the kexts into Library/Extensions as it is not allowed to write to / in Catalina by design
just take the latest lilu and weg kexts and use any USB drive to boot your installation
you can always use some weg switches to boot only to vesa mode just use "-radvesa" boot flag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back