Contribute
Register

Unable to boot installation usb. Stuck at [EB]#LOG:EXITBS:START] 2020-04-04

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updating my Clover to 5112 solved the same problem for me on a Dell Latitude E7270 I am hacking.

I'm getting stuck at the exact same position as well. Mojave ran fine on this machine, but I managed to mess up the install some time ago. Thought I'd start over with Catalina, but I don't seem to get the install going.
I just started this afternoon so I used the newest Unibeast. I've updated the install USB to Clover 5112, however that didn't seem to have made any difference.

Last edited:
I had same error with a Skylake NUC - updating to clover 5112 seemed to be what helped

I'm getting stuck at the exact same position as well. Mojave ran fine on this machine, but I managed to mess up the install some time ago. Thought I'd start over with Catalina, but I don't seem to get the install going.
I just started this afternoon so I used the newest Unibeast. I've updated the install USB to Clover 5112, however that didn't seem to have made any difference.

Follow my instructions above if you had Mojave running fine on the same machine before.

Follow my instructions above if you had Mojave running fine on the same machine before.
Yup that would work if I would still have the Mojave installer. My Macbook is running Mojave so the only version I can download is Catalina.

Yup that would work if I would still have the Mojave installer. My Macbook is running Mojave so the only version I can download is Catalina.

You can search you apple store on your MacBook and write Mojave and it will come up affable to download
once downloaded you can carry-on where I posted the work around

You can search you apple store on your MacBook and write Mojave and it will come up affable to download
No it doesn't show up. I guess because there's no reason for it because I'm already running it.

No it doesn't show up. I guess because there's no reason for it because I'm already running it.
You are correct. it is not showing up on your apple store

1- search google upgrade to Mac OS Mojave
2-click on the apple website
3-read through the website it will keep promote the upgrade to Catalina however between the lines you will see download Mac OS Mojave
4- click the hyperlink for download Mac OS Mojave and it will take yo back to apple store to download it from there
5- carryon as instructed above....

Thanks! That worked. I've downloaded the Mojave installer. Now to find some time to give it a go.

My EFIs are for the two systems I have hacked:
(1) Dell E7270 Touch Laptop: This one is using Clover 5112. This is the one where I had the "Stuck..." issue with Catalina.
(2) ASUS ZenBook QA526FA-BI7T10 Laptop: Note that this still has Clover 5102 in it. This one has never had issues with Catalina.

I have attached only the necessary files for both: Clover EFI (boot) file, ACPI files, drivers, kext, and the config.plist.

They will not likely work for your system, but feel free to cannibalize them.

Attachments

• Dell E7270 EFI.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 126
  • ASUS Q526FA EFI.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 91
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back