Contribute
Register

ultrazone's guide for Z77X-UD5H + Mavericks + Clover UEFI mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cobra, can I ask if you used MacMini6,2 in your SMBios? I'm having a heck of a time getting mine to work.

Also on your sleep issue, did you add in an SSDT to the install?
I've tried both MacMini6,2 and iMac13,2. With ML and Mavericks I used iMac13,2 without any issues, so I will probably continue to use that.

I did not add a SSDT yet. I plan to try that tonight. I did notice that my CPU power management is not working as intended, so I need to give that a shot.

Never. Maybe a USB issue or some BIOS configuration. I'd also check DSDT & SSDT.

Good luck!
Yes I've found many resources of things I can try tonight. I'll post back here when I find the solution.

I try to adapt the guide to install Yosemite for half a day without success.
So I try to make a maverick clean install following your guide : it works flawless :)
Thanks

But now, I have a few more question :
I've created a DSDT with MaciASL, but how to know wich patch to select : I've follow one of your answer : Z77 / HD4000/ NVIDIA. But what for the other patch ? How to check if it's really fine ?

I still have trouble with audio : I'v tried Toleda patching with clover. But nothing happens.
I'v made some try with a modified appleHDA. But it fails too. And know Toleda script do not recognize my audio codec anymore :(

Do you had the same issue ?

I try to adapt the guide to install Yosemite for half a day without success.
So I try to make a maverick clean install following your guide : it works flawless :)

The only difference in the method that I've noticed so far is that for some reason Yosemite "requires" the HD4000 to be activated if Macmini6,2 sysdef is going to be used (best power management sysdef). All the rest is working fine for me.

But now, I have a few more question :
I've created a DSDT with MaciASL, but how to know wich patch to select : I've follow one of your answer : Z77 / HD4000/ NVIDIA. But what for the other patch ? How to check if it's really fine ?

That is a relatively off-topic question, so I would suggest looking for help at the DSDT subforum. In general, if everything works and it is correctly recognized in System Profiler, it is fine.

I still have trouble with audio : I'v tried Toleda patching with clover. But nothing happens.
I'v made some try with a modified appleHDA. But it fails too. And know Toleda script do not recognize my audio codec anymore :(

Do you had the same issue ?

Everything is working fine for me using my method. Regarding audio I would suggest having a look at toleda's excellent threads.

Tell us your findings and good luck!

I've used the 10.9.5 combo to correct my appleHDA.
Then applied Toleda patch : it works :headbang:

I'v check my configuration with system information (and then changed the artheros ethernet kext).
I've also regenerated my DSDT with a minimal patching.
Everything seems fine.

Now that my Mavericks works with Clover, I will try the upgrade to Yosemite :)

EDIT : iMessage not working, I will try to fix it before upgrading

EDIT 2 : I follow this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html and finally had to call apple to unlock Message, but it Works. Now I can think to upgrade.

Hey Ultrazone, I ended up using your guide (and some others) to get a working Yosemite install on this board. I have everything working flawlessly, except sleep mode. I will enter sleep mode fine, but it reboots with a kernel panic upon returning from sleep.

Did you ever see this issue?

I am having a similar issue, it appears to be related to devices plugged into USB sockets. It work before sleep fine then after sleep when I plug my phone in it will just reboot.

Hello Ultrazone, I have been a long time follower of this build and have modeled my own system off of yours. Since the Messages issue hit me, I have tried every method to workaround and fix my very clean and fully functional Mavericks Multibeast setup. Now that it seems the only recourse is to pursue Clover as a bootloader, I have once again relied on your guide.

Following it to the letter, I have made the Bios/UEFI changes you outlined.
Following it to the letter, I have made the install USB with two partitions.
Following it to the letter, I have replaced the USB EFI, added the FakeSMC, and set the system identifier.

Initial boot gets me to where I can choose disk utility and repartition my hard drive to start with a clean install.
After the re-partition is complete, I choose to install Mavericks.
A five minute install occurs and system restarts.
F-12 to USB and then choose the Install Mavericks option. 20 minute install.
F-12 to USB again and choose the Mavericks SSD.
Goes to Gray screen with spinning indicator beneath. This screen never goes away. I have left it as long as overnight with no progress and no freeze of the spinning indicator.

Are there any thoughts you might have on this or any other users with this configuration? Two weeks of various tries at this and I've only been able to get to the Mavericks desktop using the tonymac guide but large issues abound with that including audio/ethernet/and multiple USB issues.

My build
MB GIGABYTE|GA-Z77X-UD5H Z77 1155 R

VGA EVGA|02G-P4-2682-KR GTX680 2GD5

PSU CORSAIR|650W TX650M R

CPU INTEL|CORE I7 3770K 3.5G 8M R

SSD 120G|SANDISK SDSSDX-120G-G25 R

MEM 8Gx2|CORSAIR CML16GX3M2A1600C10

HD 1T|ST SATA6.0 32M ST31000524AS

BT ADAPTER IOGEAR| GBU521 R

Any help, guidance, or encouragement would be greatly appreciated, especially since I've officially reached the point of being cross eyed and frustrated at looking at install after install with failed results.
Thanks
McCoy

Thanks!

I'm using a Corsair H100 (not the H100i model) with a pair of Noctua NF-F12.

Hope it helps!

Ultrazone .... awesome guide with a lot of details. I wish you could make one the same ... but for Yosemite / clover.

Any help, guidance, or encouragement would be greatly appreciated, especially since I've officially reached the point of being cross eyed and frustrated at looking at install after install with failed results.
Thanks
McCoy

Try booting verbose. This way we know where does the system stop booting and we can diagnose better. It could be related to FakeSMC.kext and/or HD4000/Nvidia, but need more info.

Please boot verbose and tell us what you see. Good luck!

Ultrazone .... awesome guide with a lot of details. I wish you could make one the same ... but for Yosemite / clover.

I will create the guide but it will take some time (at least until Pro Tools gets qualified for Yosemite).

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back