ultrazone's guide for Z77X-UD5H + Mavericks + Clover UEFI mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi;

Thanks for your Guide.
I've already used your guide without clover a year ago :thumbup:

I'm planning to use clover for my yosemite install

I'm confused with one point :
With Multibeast, the Z77X-UD5H do no need a dsdt.
Howerver, with Clover, I need to build one ?

Do you have one screen on your graphic card and one screen on HD 4000 ?
Do you know, where I can check if my graphic card has a GOD mode ? I have a MSI GTX 660 N660 TF but I found nothing on MSI web site.

Regards.

Hey ultrazone,

Just wondering. I installed Yosemite using this install guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html and then realized that in order for continuity/handoff to work, I will need clover. So, found this guide since I have the same board. Question is, I have Yosemite installed right now. Is it possible for me just to install the BIOS with GOP (has to be the integrated driver as the dedicated I have is a 560ti) and just follow your instructions from installing Clover to the HD on? Or, will I have to re-do it from scratch?

Thanks, a complete Clover newb here. :)

I would recommend starting from scratch. Clean install using USB stick with Clover and installation media created via command line. It's always good advice when trying Clover for the first time.

Good luck!

With Multibeast, the Z77X-UD5H do no need a dsdt.
Howerver, with Clover, I need to build one ?

It's not strictly necessary, but it will help you.

Do you have one screen on your graphic card and one screen on HD 4000 ?

Yes.

Do you know, where I can check if my graphic card has a GOD mode ? I have a MSI GTX 660 N660 TF but I found nothing on MSI web site.

MSI uses a Windows utility in order to update BIOS. Maybe within this utility you can find more information. It's located at MSI's support website, along with the drivers for Windows.

Hope it helps!

Thanks so much for this guide! I'm having a bit of trouble though but feel i'm so close to then end!!

I originally had a Unibeast/Multibeast setup but moved to clover because I want iMessage to work and some of the other advanced features.

I've followed your guide and I've updated my bios to F16 Mod 11. I got an updated UEFI bios for my EVGA 660 TI graphics card and flashed it.

I got my USB disk created and Yosemite installed.

I've booted into my new install and setup Clover on the hard drive and copied over the required Kext and can boot from it directly.

The part I'm having trouble with is customizing my system with the SMBIOS and DSDT and SSDT. Are you using these things? I need these things to use iMessage right?

I made a DSDT and used Clover Configurator to do a MacMini6,2 SMBIOS to add to the config. If I reboot though using this new stuff it always fails (repeating bluetooth stuff over and over).

Any idea? I feel like I'm so close!!

Motherboard - GA-Z77x-UD5H
CPU - Intel Core i7-3770K
GFX - EVGA 660 TI

Hey Ultrazone, I ended up using your guide (and some others) to get a working Yosemite install on this board. I have everything working flawlessly, except sleep mode. I will enter sleep mode fine, but it reboots with a kernel panic upon returning from sleep.

Did you ever see this issue?

Cobra, can I ask if you used MacMini6,2 in your SMBios? I'm having a heck of a time getting mine to work.

Also on your sleep issue, did you add in an SSDT to the install?

I made a DSDT and used Clover Configurator to do a MacMini6,2 SMBIOS to add to the config. If I reboot though using this new stuff it always fails (repeating bluetooth stuff over and over).

Any idea? I feel like I'm so close!!

In fact you're really close! In my short experience with Yosemite, I've had to boot from HD4000 (once the desktop is ready your Nvidia card will be used). So I would try using the integrated graphics as your primary video device in BIOS.

All this applies if using Macmini6,2 sysdef.

Tell me your findings! Cheers!

Thanks for the reply. All along I had my integrated graphics card disabled. But last night I did go and try it enabled and set as the main card but it still didn't boot. I did not have a monitor plugged into it though. Do i need to?

Hey Ultrazone, I ended up using your guide (and some others) to get a working Yosemite install on this board. I have everything working flawlessly, except sleep mode. I will enter sleep mode fine, but it reboots with a kernel panic upon returning from sleep.

Did you ever see this issue?

Never. Maybe a USB issue or some BIOS configuration. I'd also check DSDT & SSDT.

Good luck!

The only other question I had was that your guide differs from most of the other Clover installers in that you have us create a clover partition in Disk utility. But it seems clover makes it's own partition when you install it and you just have to mount it when you want to make changes? All the other guides I've seen do it this way

What was the method to your madness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back