Contribute
Register

Ultimate Hack Mini - Core i3 2105 - HD3000 - DH61AG

Status
Not open for further replies.
no difference between the i5 and the i3? the i5 you have in there is awesome as it runs at 65W max TPD AND has 4 cores... you can run a slim fan in your case because of this awesome low temp performance... and thus is the reason all the chips in the mac minis are 65W max tpd

phatintosh said:
no difference between the i5 and the i3? the i5 you have in there is awesome as it runs at 65W max TPD AND has 4 cores... you can run a slim fan in your case because of this awesome low temp performance... and thus is the reason all the chips in the mac minis are 65W max tpd

Meant to say it makes no difference in benchmarks under Mac OS. Disappointing, but true. I have both i3-2105 and i5-2405s processors. The lower clock of the i5 running all 4 cores performs the same as the dual core i3-2105 with 4 threads. Plus it runs hotter.

what are you using to run your benchmarks?

Geekbench.

Guys, it looks like there's a Q77 chipset successor (Intel DQ77KB) to this motherboard.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboar ... 033495.htm

Is this likely to be ever compatible? :thumbup:

I would like to upgrade to this as this would provide a Displayport port with up to 2560x1600 resolution and it would actually support 1600MHz SO-DIMMs with a 3rd gen processor.

Got inspired by yours and Neil's adventures with the DH61AG and started my first ever hackintosh. Specs are a little different but basically got everything more or less running. Its running 10.7.2 and Im using Multibeast 4.5.2

Here are my specs

i3-2105
DH61AG
8GB RAM
80GB HDD - Temp till I get an SSD
Dell Wifi Card - out of an old XPS - Recognized as Airport out of the box

Im able to get the whole system booted up and running with GraphicsEnabler = NO

But I just cant seem to get the HD3000 running. Ive tried to edit the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext with 0x01128086 but that just kills the system and prevents a bootup. Im using the DSDT from beastyfellow.

Any idea what could be causing the error ? or what I could be doing wrong ? Its my first hackinstosh and I pretty much seem to have hit a wall.

Attachments

• extension.tiff
    305.1 KB · Views: 211
  • Graphics.tiff
    88.7 KB · Views: 185
twenty4seven said:
Geekbench.

Guys, it looks like there's a Q77 chipset successor (Intel DQ77KB) to this motherboard.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboar ... 033495.htm

Is this likely to be ever compatible? :thumbup:

I would like to upgrade to this as this would provide a Displayport port with up to 2560x1600 resolution and it would actually support 1600MHz SO-DIMMs with a 3rd gen processor.
It's good & bad. You've mentioned the good things.

The bad things are:
1. running Q77 chipset, don't know if it's supported by OSX yet...
2. dual LAN ports
3. built-in USB3, it should be already supported by the latest OSX update

Hopefully, someone will find out the solution in the near future as the Displayport is quite attractive. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back