Contribute
Register

Ultimate Hack Mini - Core i3 2105 - HD3000 - DH61AG

Status
Not open for further replies.
phatintosh said:
@thoadr

Checkout Thermaltake Power Supply Calculator http://www.thermaltake.outervision.com/

Thank you for the link, I tried it.
But only with the CPU (i3 2105), an mini-ITX motherboard, the calculator is already by 130W...

slowjin said:
For my setup and usage, it appears to be more than adequate, but my usage is consuming media, some doc/presentation creation, mostly low power usage stuff. My main purpose of this rig was to fit into the slimmest possible case without worrying about heat issues and I seem to have accomplised that. I could go for a slightly larger 120W brick but at this point the rig has been very stable. If I upgrade to i3 2405S I may consider upping the power brick to 120W though.

slowjin

It means for you, for a basic usage it would be enought... I think I'll consider to use at least a 120W PSU to be on the safe side and more or less in accordance with the link from @phatintosh

yeah, that calculator shows it at a Max CPU load ... the new i core chips (sandybridge) and this board (intel DH61AG) is just awesome at drawing low power... I did a lot of research before buying mine... it most cases you are good to go.. i have even read of people buying super cheap dell adaptors and using those (rated at 120W) ... i got a 180 becuase I have a quad core i5 in mine.. and its going to be working a lot of progies at the same time.. better safe than sorry I say

if you want, you can post your configuration and I will give you my thoughts

I will post my build when I am done with it... working on a case that is super slim like the mini with a front LCD display is not easy right now... but its gonna be sweet

So I figured out with your last posts, you are running the DH61AG motherboard with a bigger power supply. But I'm still hesitating. did you manage to get the audio working?

Regarding my configuration, well, I've just started and only have the CPU :) so an i3-2105.
I don't want to build it in one weekend so I leave me time. It's also better to find the most convenient config for my usage.

yeah well it states on Intel's site what power supplies you can use, and none of them are under 120W ... its finding one that fits that is the hard part...

good luck

Hi, first of all, sorry for my english, I'm spanish.
I've made my hackintosh based on this post and in neilhart's one.
My config: i3 2105, thermaltake slim x3+noctua nf-s12b, dh61ag, 8 gb RAM, 2'5'' hdd 750gb, ocz noctil msata 30gb, wifi dell half-mini bcm94322, original bluetooth apple, original irda apple and Streacom F1C Silver Home Case.
I'm using a 150W universal brick. I have no problems. It's the best machine I've ever made.
Probably, I'll sell my imac and use only this hack. Update to 10.7.4 without problems using last multibest hda rollback and dsdt+chameleon config on the neilhart post. All works: audio, video, sleep, ... Never a kp.
Temps: 40-50º. The only problem: heat. I'm using without the upper case. With the up case: 60º easy, 50º idle. This is the reason why I haven't use the i5 2405S, heat.
Benks: 7200 (64 bits). My imac i5 2'7: 8700 (64 bits). 600 € (+monitor) vs 1449 €. There's no colour...

Can you provide a link to your update to 10.7.4?

Looks interesting our pc in the living room is to be upgraded so this could be a nice upgrade .
does it not get to hot in the case ?

Sorry if I missed this, so is the PSU external from the case? Like a wall wart deal?

This is so cool! I want one!

coolximi said:
Looks interesting our pc in the living room is to be upgraded so this could be a nice upgrade .
does it not get to hot in the case ?

On my MacBook, the processor run sometimes up to 90°C by encoding movies. I'm using my MacBook as deskptop it means with the screen closed on the keyboard. So I think, even by 60°C as mentioned bellow, it won't be a problem.

lolorm said:
Hi, first of all, sorry for my english, I'm spanish.
I've made my hackintosh based on this post and in neilhart's one.
My config: i3 2105, thermaltake slim x3+noctua nf-s12b, dh61ag, 8 gb RAM, 2'5'' hdd 750gb, ocz noctil msata 30gb, wifi dell half-mini bcm94322, original bluetooth apple, original irda apple and Streacom F1C Silver Home Case.
I'm using a 150W universal brick. I have no problems. It's the best machine I've ever made.
Probably, I'll sell my imac and use only this hack. Update to 10.7.4 without problems using last multibest hda rollback and dsdt+chameleon config on the neilhart post. All works: audio, video, sleep, ... Never a kp.
Temps: 40-50º. The only problem: heat. I'm using without the upper case. With the up case: 60º easy, 50º idle. This is the reason why I haven't use the i5 2405S, heat.
Benks: 7200 (64 bits). My imac i5 2'7: 8700 (64 bits). 600 € (+monitor) vs 1449 €. There's no colour...

Hi, I've just got this board set up in the same case, but a problem...the system keeps rebooting itself after shutting down. It doesn't happen if I use the power button manually, but if I shut down within Mac OS (Lion 10.7.4) then the system will power on again and reboot. :?

This build:
Wesena ITX2 case
i5 2405s (don't bother with this - no benefit over i3-2105, costs 50% more and runs hotter)
PCCooler S85 (low profile, sturdy copper heatpipe cooler; very quiet, rated for 95w cpus)
DH61AG
2x4GB Kingston PC3-10600
Toshiba 500GB 5400rpm hdd
Sony AD7690H DVD rewriter
Broadcom BCM4322 half height mini PCI-e
Broadcom USB BT 2.1
Dell 135w AC adapter
(I have an Inteset Intel CIR IR receiver too, but haven't installed it because of the lack of space.)

The system runs hot - cpu core temps 50s Celsius idling and 70s if running a benchmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back