Contribute
Register

Ultimate Hack Mini - Core i3 2105 - HD3000 - DH61AG

Status
Not open for further replies.
pmdsp1155 said:
One of the best mini hack's i have seen. It takes less spaces on desk and does all the tasks :thumbup:. Could you please tell me how much money did u spent on it?

Thanks

Prices have changed a lot since I purchased these items so I will go by memory for now:

core i3 2105 - $140
mobo (DH61ag) - $90 (I have seen these at up to $120 recently)
8GB RAM - $40 (shell shocker deal)
2.5" HDD - $80
ML55 w/ power kit - $120 + $40 DHL from Korea to US*
GELID Fan - ~$25*
*If you are truly interested, Viako sells a complete barebone with ML55, GELID fan, mobo (DH61AG), power kit and potentially the CPU. Lance ([email protected]) usually accommodates customizing (by this I mean leaving a few things out, such as CPU) and will give you a revised price with/without certain components. Prices may have changed.

Viako prices should be considered approximate, as I had a more complicated purchase where costs have shifted from one case to another, so best is to reach out to the company for exact prices if the ballpark figure provided is within your budget and perceived value.

can you please tell me if you got hdmi audio working ? If you did would mind posting your dsdt and anything else that you use to get it to work. I have the exact same hardware as yourself and any help would be greatly appreciated .

virtualguy said:
can you please tell me if you got hdmi audio working ? If you did would mind posting your dsdt and anything else that you use to get it to work. I have the exact same hardware as yourself and any help would be greatly appreciated .

virtualguy-

Sorry for a late reply. I have not tried to get hdmi audio working and do not have immediate plans to do so. If I do get around to it, I will though.

So I have built my DH61AG a few times, this time followed everything in this tutorial to a tee... but i STILL dont have any sound output device ... any ideas?

Hi slowjin,

you made a great job! especially for the design, I find your Hack mini really cool.
I was just wondering if the PSU @ 90 W is enough for the i3 2105?
I'm planning to make my own hack; also in a mini-ITX case but I don"t really trust such a low powered PSU.
Maybe could you give us your feedback?

thoadr said:
Hi slowjin,

you made a great job! especially for the design, I find your Hack mini really cool.
I was just wondering if the PSU @ 90 W is enough for the i3 2105?
I'm planning to make my own hack; also in a mini-ITX case but I don"t really trust such a low powered PSU.
Maybe could you give us your feedback?

For my setup and usage, it appears to be more than adequate, but my usage is consuming media, some doc/presentation creation, mostly low power usage stuff. My main purpose of this rig was to fit into the slimmest possible case without worrying about heat issues and I seem to have accomplised that. I could go for a slightly larger 120W brick but at this point the rig has been very stable. If I upgrade to i3 2405S I may consider upping the power brick to 120W though.

slowjin

remember too, that it depends on how many fans you have, how many drives you have, usb power, etc... I got a 180W power supply for my intel DH61AG

phatintosh said:
So I have built my DH61AG a few times, this time followed everything in this tutorial to a tee... but i STILL dont have any sound output device ... any ideas?

@phatintosh:

For me it was about selecting the correct audio kext and rolling back AppleHDA. I will dig up my kext list and multiBeast settings and see if there was any other special steps I may have omitted in my steps. Alternatively, see if neilhart's posting helps you. He spearheaded getting DH61AG up and running, and he is more knowledgeable and may be able to better answer your questions.

slowjin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back