Contribute
Register

UHD630 + RX580 = Final Cut crash (HELP!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what you're saying is you're a professional photographer and videographer using a Hackingtosh? *shakes head*

Yes absolutely. We have three Hackintoshes here and they run a lot better than the offerings from Apple, for a lot less money.

So what you're saying is you're a professional photographer and videographer using a Hackingtosh? *shakes head*
Each to their own.
These forums are not judgmental.

Each to their own.
These forums are not judgmental.

Exactly and this thread wasn't about what job I use the Hackintosh for, or the fact that I use it for job. I use it for work that pays my salary and keeps my career going. I'm happy with it. It's just this one little issue that I need sorted.

I'm currently finishing a few jobs and then I'll get back to the issue at hand.

Thanks for the help so far!

That's strange it does not boot. Those removed kexts from /L/E are not needed.
In terminal, if you enter history do you see the commands you used to delete those kexts ? If so post here.
Copy IntelMausiEthernet.kext to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder.
Remove FakeSMC.kext from /L/E
Rebuild kext cache with sudo kextcache -i /

Okay so here's an update. I removed FakeSMC.kext from /L/E and I moved IntelMausiEthernet.kext to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder.

Now rebuilding kext cache is fine and nothing odd happens in terminal. The computer still won't boot so something with the EFI is causing it.

I've reverted back to the last EFI I uploaded here, which does boot. I've uploaded that one here again along with the one that doesn't boot. Maybe you can see differences and what may be causing the boot issue? Don't know if it helps but I created a new IOREG file according to how the computer is running right now. I won't do any changes until I hear back from you.

Cheers for the help!

Attachments

• EFI Current that boots.zip
    25.6 MB · Views: 78
  • EFI that doesnt boot.zip
    25.6 MB · Views: 88
  • iMac Current.ioreg
    7 MB · Views: 94
Okay so here's an update. I removed FakeSMC.kext from /L/E and I moved IntelMausiEthernet.kext to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder.

Now rebuilding kext cache is fine and nothing odd happens in terminal. The computer still won't boot so something with the EFI is causing it.

I've reverted back to the last EFI I uploaded here, which does boot. I've uploaded that one here again along with the one that doesn't boot. Maybe you can see differences and what may be causing the boot issue? Don't know if it helps but I created a new IOREG file according to how the computer is running right now. I won't do any changes until I hear back from you.

Cheers for the help!
EFI's look identical except config files.
The non-working one has KernelAndKextPatches->KernelPM=NO.
Change it to YES and test that config.

EFI's look identical except config files.
The non-working one has KernelAndKextPatches->KernelPM=NO.
Change it to YES and test that config.

Sweet, now we have a booting computer hah but h.264 is still not working. Final Cut runs fine until I try to export and once I select h.264, it just fails. No crash or anything like that though.

Sweet, now we have a booting computer hah but h.264 is still not working. Final Cut runs fine until I try to export and once I select h.264, it just fails. No crash or anything like that though.
Next remove the shikigva=60 boot argument (config.plist Boot->arguments).

Next remove the shikigva=60 boot argument (config.plist Boot->arguments).

YES!! That solved it!!

Now everything works like butter, thank you so much!!

I exported a H.264 file from Final Cut and everything ran nice and stable:

Screenshot 2018-12-19 at 09.12.26.png

YES!! That solved it!!

Now everything works like butter, thank you so much!!

I exported a H.264 file from Final Cut and everything ran nice and stable:

View attachment 373631
Great news.
It's using the CPU + IGPU now to encode H.264. This is normal at the moment (unfortunately).
Test with exporting to HEVC.

Note your CPU is running at 4.3 Ghz - I assume that was during export ?
What is running at during idle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back