Contribute
Register

UHD630 + RX580 = Final Cut crash (HELP!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news.
It's using the CPU + IGPU now to encode H.264. This is normal at the moment (unfortunately).
Test with exporting to HEVC.

Note your CPU is running at 4.3 Ghz - I assume that was during export ?
What is running at during idle ?

It's overclocked to 4,7GHz and runs like that under load. The screenshot above is while exporting.
I checked and this is how it runs at idle. Only thing running was Spotify and Mail (background, no tasks though).

Screenshot 2018-12-19 at 14.54.48.png

It's overclocked to 4,7GHz and runs like that under load. The screenshot above is while exporting.
I checked and this is how it runs at idle. Only thing running was Spotify and Mail (background, no tasks though).

View attachment 373693
CPU power Management is not correct.
It is idling too high consuming too much power - therefore running hotter than it should.
Post the ioreg file & config.plist used when the above Intel Power gadget picture was taken.

CPU power Management is not correct.
It is idling too high consuming too much power - therefore running hotter than it should.
Post the ioreg file & config.plist used when the above Intel Power gadget picture was taken.

Here you go!

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.1 KB · Views: 87
  • iMac.ioreg
    7.3 MB · Views: 56
Here you go!
IOREG looks fine.
It shows that you have X86PlatformPlugin loaded and have 40 P-States (from 800 Mhz to 4700 Mhz):

Screenshot 2018-12-19 at 18.52.48.png

Frequency of 0x125c = 4700 (Mhz).

Therefore Intel Power Gadget should show minimum 800Mhz but typically 1.1 Ghz when Idle.

Run Activity monitor and check which process is taking up significant CPU.
I had a similar problem with my i7-3770K which was running between 4 Ghz and 4.8 Ghz and when I ran Activity Monitor, it showed that IORegistryExploroer App was running and was hogging the CPU (I still do not understand why).
So check for all Apps.

Also, in config.plist, may be you do not need AppleIntelCPUPM=YES.
Instead of changing it in the file, you restart your system and when you get to Clover Menu, press O and arrow down to Binary Patching and hit Enter. Then arrow to AppleIntelCPUPM and uncheck the ticked box (to turn it off). Press Esc couple of times and boot.

IOREG looks fine.
It shows that you have X86PlatformPlugin loaded and have 40 P-States (from 800 Mhz to 4700 Mhz):

View attachment 373747
Frequency of 0x125c = 4700 (Mhz).

Therefore Intel Power Gadget should show minimum 800Mhz but typically 1.1 Ghz when Idle.

Run Activity monitor and check which process is taking up significant CPU.
I had a similar problem with my i7-3770K which was running between 4 Ghz and 4.8 Ghz and when I ran Activity Monitor, it showed that IORegistryExploroer App was running and was hogging the CPU (I still do not understand why).
So check for all Apps.

Also, in config.plist, may be you do not need AppleIntelCPUPM=YES.
Instead of changing it in the file, you restart your system and when you get to Clover Menu, press O and arrow down to Binary Patching and hit Enter. Then arrow to AppleIntelCPUPM and uncheck the ticked box (to turn it off). Press Esc couple of times and boot.

Hey and sorry for such a late reply. I was swamped with work before the holidays and then I didn't bother with anything hackintosh related during the holidays.

Happy new year by the way!

So I did this and I think it may have improved the issue you mentioned. I have however overclocked further since then but all the hardware remains the same.

Screenshot 2019-01-14 at 16.17.02.png

So I have another issue, I think. I'm not entirely sure. So I'm working with some 4K h.264 footage and everything is fine. However, I'm transcoding to proxy or optimised media for smoother timeline playback and I find that the transcoding is very very slow. I've got a screenshot of the computer usage during the transcode and I'm wondering if all the numbers and graphs look normal?

Ps. Don't mind the processor in the Intel app, it's before I made the change you mentioned above.
Screenshot 2019-01-14 at 16.05.47.png

Oh and here's the current IOREG file:

Attachments

• iMac.ioreg
    7 MB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back