Contribute
Register

UHD630 + RX580 = Final Cut crash (HELP!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your SMBIOS is set to iMac18,1. People had had better success with iMac18,3.

Try the attached config file.
You either copy it into your Clover folder and rename it to config.plist, or copy it into your clover folder as-is and when you boot, go to Clover menu and in Options, select AsgeirHeigi-MacNB-config.plist and hit Return a couple of times and boot.

Report back with results and IOREG.

So I tested and Final Cut doesn't crash when I hit export BUT exporting to h.264 fails immediately, it doesn't even try.

Screenshot 2018-12-13 at 17.43.59.png

I've attached the IOREG file after booting with the config file you attached above.

Attachments

• iMac4.ioreg
    6.9 MB · Views: 89
Hi i have the fix for you, i got the same problem with Mojave and fcpx (intel + RX580), You have to use the new way of Lilu and whatEVERGreen, with nothing injected in Clover except the Id for your Intel Graphic CPU, please the read the "how to" from the gars writed the New WhateverGreen, it explain all. I do the new clover config with only the Lilu and Whatevergreen and it work !!!!!!, don't forget to apply the patch to IGPU, Resume : ONLY LILU and WHATEVERGREEN from Multibeast 11.0.1, and no INJECT AT ALL, only place your Intel GPU ID, i use clover Configurator (attached screen capture of the config) look at the ScreenCapture

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-12-13 at 20.05.36.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-13 at 20.05.36.png
    447.9 KB · Views: 220
  • Screenshot 2018-12-13 at 20.05.48.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-13 at 20.05.48.png
    341.7 KB · Views: 235
  • Screenshot 2018-12-13 at 20.09.56.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-13 at 20.09.56.png
    170.4 KB · Views: 207
So I tested and Final Cut doesn't crash when I hit export BUT exporting to h.264 fails immediately, it doesn't even try.

View attachment 372511

I've attached the IOREG file after booting with the config file you attached above.
You did not use my config file ?
The SMBIOS model number is still iMac18,1 whereas the config file I posted is iMac18,3.

Also, what kexts have you installed in /Library/Extensions ?

The SMBIOS model number is still iMac18,1 whereas the config file I posted is iMac18,3.

I did use it, I just renamed it as "config new" and booted from it. I'll do it again for comparison.

Screenshot 2018-12-13 at 18.37.39.png

Weird, I've updated a new IOREG file which now shows 18,3. H.264 still not working. Final Cut doesn't crash anymore, which is an upside but it refuses to export h.264.

Attachments

• iMac5.ioreg
    6.8 MB · Views: 89
Weird, I've updated a new IOREG file which now shows 18,3. H.264 still not working. Final Cut doesn't crash anymore, which is an upside but it refuses to export h.264.

Progress but not there.

You have kext in /L/E that should not be installed (since you have what's needed in Clover EFI kexts folder):
- IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
- FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
- FakePCIID.kext
- Lilu.kext
- CUDA.kext
- realtekALC.kext
- USBInjectAll.kext

Once you have removed them, rebuild the kext cache using terminal command:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Reboot and test.

Progress but not there.

You have kext in /L/E that should not be installed (since you have what's needed in Clover EFI kexts folder):
- FakePCIID.kext
- Lilu.kext
- CUDA.kext
- realtekALC.kext
- USBInjectAll.kext

Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Reboot and test.

I deleted the files, ran the terminal code and now the computer will not boot, at all.
screenshot.jpeg

I'm now booting using the USB to install Mojave. I've uploaded the current EFI from my startup disk along with an IOREG (booting via the USB, don't know if it's needed but I can't boot through the startup disk anymore). I also uploaded the USB EFI in case you want to compare anything.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.6 MB · Views: 69
  • EFI USB.zip
    3 MB · Views: 63
  • iMac.ioreg
    7.2 MB · Views: 81
Progress but not there.

- FakePCIID.kext
- Lilu.kext
- CUDA.kext
- realtekALC.kext
- USBInjectAll.kext

Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Reboot and test.

Also, when I did the terminal after deleting the kexts, this is the output:

Last login: Fri Dec 14 08:21:44 on console

iMac:~ asgeirhelgi$ sudo kextcache -i /

Password:

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f838fb06470 [0x7fff95e4c8e0]> { URL = "FakeSMC.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f838fa7fe50 [0x7fff95e4c8e0]> { URL = "IntelMausiEthernet.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet" }

KernelCache ID: DB5E0257540FBEC1A47834FB84AFF175

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f97038a0fc0 [0x7fff95e4c8e0]> { URL = "IntelMausiEthernet.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9703928940 [0x7fff95e4c8e0]> { URL = "FakeSMC.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC" }

iMac:~ asgeirhelgi$

Don't know if this helps?

Also, when I did the terminal after deleting the kexts, this is the output:

Last login: Fri Dec 14 08:21:44 on console

iMac:~ asgeirhelgi$ sudo kextcache -i /

Password:

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f838fb06470 [0x7fff95e4c8e0]> { URL = "FakeSMC.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f838fa7fe50 [0x7fff95e4c8e0]> { URL = "IntelMausiEthernet.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet" }

KernelCache ID: DB5E0257540FBEC1A47834FB84AFF175

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f97038a0fc0 [0x7fff95e4c8e0]> { URL = "IntelMausiEthernet.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet" }

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9703928940 [0x7fff95e4c8e0]> { URL = "FakeSMC.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC" }

iMac:~ asgeirhelgi$

Don't know if this helps?
That's strange it does not boot. Those removed kexts from /L/E are not needed.
In terminal, if you enter history do you see the commands you used to delete those kexts ? If so post here.
Copy IntelMausiEthernet.kext to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder.
Remove FakeSMC.kext from /L/E
Rebuild kext cache with sudo kextcache -i /

That's strange it does not boot. Those removed kexts from /L/E are not needed.
In terminal, if you enter history do you see the commands you used to delete those kexts ? If so post here.
Copy IntelMausiEthernet.kext to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder.
Remove FakeSMC.kext from /L/E
Rebuild kext cache with sudo kextcache -i /

I'll test this in the morning, it's my work computer. I just deleted them by moving them into trash and emptying the trash. Finder prompted me for my password, which I put in.

I'll do those things you mentioned above and get back to you tomorrow morning.

Thank you!

ps. Yeah I don't get why it doesn't boot. That's literally the only thing I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back