Graphics
RX 6600
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Specs
Asus ROG Strix H370-F
Intel i7-8700k 3.7GHz
High Sierra

This machine was working fine, but after installating something it refused to boot. Someone told me this could be a graphics issue, so I removed the graphics card (GTX 1050Ti) and I'm trying to get up and running now the integrated GPU (Intel UHD 630). Now the machine boots up fine but there are graphic glitches. The "About This Mac" screen shows generic graphics with 7MB. I've been reading many threads for a couple of days, but I'm totally in the dark. I'd appreciate any guidance. I have a basic understanding of hackintoshes and now how to install kexts and modify Clover's "config.plist".

You need to add the following Properties for the UHD630 IGPU to your config.plist.

Screenshot 2022-04-30 at 22.41.27.png

You need to make sure you are not using any other graphics 'fixes' as explained in the WhateverGreen.kext FAQ Manual, linked below. Pay particular interest to the 'General Recommendations' section.

FAQ.IntelHD.en.md

You need to add the following Properties for the UHD630 IGPU to your config.plist.

View attachment 546886

You need to make sure you are not using any other graphics 'fixes' as explained in the WhateverGreen.kext FAQ Manual, linked below. Pay particular interest to the 'General Recommendations' section.

FAQ.IntelHD.en.md
Edhawk's advice is excellent - but we're missing two more ingredients. You need to also add the device-id 9B3E0000 (using DATA type) to this as otherwise Intel Quicksync won't be enabled. framebuffer-unifiedmem should also be added to this list as value of 00000080 (DATA type) as that will fully round out the VRAM parameters needed by the system.

Thanks for both advices!

Something changed, as Graphics now prays "Intel UHD Graphics 630", but still shows and behaves as 7 MB:

Screen-Shot-2022-05-01-at-09.38.02.jpg

If easier, I can also put back in place the external card (GTX 1050Ti), as I think it's not broken. It's just some kind of misconfiguration due to the recent installation of something (Java JDK & JRE and InDesign, basically).

I attach my list of extensions, just in case, and the current EFI dir.

Attachments

• SLE.txt
    7.4 KB · Views: 44
  • LE.txt
    701 bytes · Views: 45
  • EFI.zip
    21.8 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Thanks for both advices!

Something changed, as Graphics now prays "Intel UHD Graphics 630", but still shows and behaves as 7 MB:

View attachment 546913

If easier, I can also put back in place the external card (GTX 1050Ti), as I think it's not broken. It's just some kind of misconfiguration due to the recent installation of something (Java JDK & JRE and InDesign, basically).

I attach my list of extensions, just in case, and the current EFI dir.
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

iMac17,1 is for a skylake system

you should be using iMac18,1
EDIT: should be iMac19,1 for Coffee Lake

Last edited:
My main machine is fine, the one discussed in this thread is a secondary one. How do you add additional profiles??

I'll try iMac18,1 and report if that makes a difference, tx!

You should not be using the /Library/Extensions folder for your third party kexts, other than those added by printer, Wacom tablets installations and the like.

The following kexts should be injected from your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder:
  • AppleALC.kext
  • FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext - already present in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder
  • IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • realtekALC.kext - not required when using AppleALC.kext
  • USBInjectAll.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext

The following kexts are loaded from your /System/Library/Extension folder, so should not be duplicated in the /L/E folder.
  • GeForceTeslaWeb.kext
  • GeForceWeb.kext
  • NVDAGF100HalWeb.kext
  • NVDAGK100HalWeb.kext
  • NVDAGM100HalWeb.kext
  • NVDAGP100HalWeb.kext
  • NVDANV50HalTeslaWeb.kext
  • NVDAResmanTeslaWeb.kext
  • NVDAResmanWeb.kext
  • NVDAStartupWeb.kext

These are the kexts that should be present in your /Library/Extensions folder.
  • ACS6x.kext
  • ArcMSR.kext
  • ATTOCelerityFC8.kext
  • ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext
  • ATTOExpressSASRAID2.kext
  • CalDigitHDProDrv.kext
  • FTDIKext.kext
  • HighPointIOP.kext
  • HighPointRR.kext
  • hp_io_enabler_compound.kext
  • LittleSnitch.kext
  • PromiseSTEX.kext
  • SiLabsUSBDriver64.kext
  • SoftRAID.kext
  • Wacom Tablet.kext
Read this guide by Jaymonkey regarding the use of the /Library/Extensions folder and third party kexts:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back