Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,

My first post here! Nice to meet all of you! :wave:

I'm planning on building a Hackintosh here in a few months and need some advice. I had a few questions:

1) Have you been able to get you UA Apollo working with your Hackintosh?

2) What connection are you using?
2a) Have you been able to use Thunderbolt-to-Thunderbolt?
2b) Have you tried using the Thunderbolt on the Apollo then using an adapter to either USB3.0 or eSATA to connect to the computer?

3) Do you have any of the UAD-2 PCI cards? Is that working?

4) Any mobo recommendations? I have a Drobo 5D, so I need Thunderbolt working. I read that the Z87X-UD7 TH & Z87X-UD5 TH are on the "compatible list", but how many people have a Drobo or thunderbolt drives working?

5) Does any know about the ASUS Z87-PRO? ASUS just signed a deal with Intel as the first certified partner. They are going to release their ThunderBoltEX II card soon that attaches to the Z87-PRO. Any thoughts?

- -

Apologies for the loads of questions and thanks in advance for the responses! :thumbup:

I'm in the same boat.

thunderbolt support is sketchy at best it seems, although the z87x-ud5-th seems to be your best shot after jumping through some hoops. The UD7 has had a little bit of development but is largely in the air still.

I'm actually attempting to get a stable system with a Apollo 16 on thunderbolt, and at the moment UA apparently doesn't support TB2.0, and I'm unsure that the UD7 with the legacy setting in the bios falls back to TB1.0, but I doubt it.

If you've found any answers in the meantime I'm interested as well.

I'm actually considering sourcing a Z77x-UP5-TH because it seemed people had decent luck off of that mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back