Contribute
Register

Tuf-est Love: G5 Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
that looks amazing.
want to get a z87 sabertooth for my g5, hopefully itll look half as good as yours!

Really nice work!

I just have one thing to mention. The fans in the front might increase the noiselevel, because they are directly attached to the front mesh. A little more space (1cm) would be a good option.

they are attached by velcro which gives a little bit of distance. The corsair silent addition are worth the money 1 because they are quiet and 2 you can change out the color rings to match you build theme. Most of my noise comes from the corsair performance ones attached to the cooler. I use a fan controller to keep those bad boys in check.

that looks amazing.
want to get a z87 sabertooth for my g5, hopefully itll look half as good as yours!

Im sure it will turn out great but make sure you have a plan of attack and don't settle for just ok looking. I am so glad you are going with a sabertooth so clean looking and with the new multibeast i have all usb 3.0 working so everything works!!

I forgot to mention in the tread that I have startup chime!!!!!!! I used this part if anyone is interested it is sold at radio shack.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102855

I had to take of the button that triggers the device off and wire the power and ground wires to my G5 power bottom. There is a youtube video out explaining how to hack the device. I also have it hooked to my fan controller with 7v of power.

Very nice indeed. I enjoyed your postings and the story line. Thank you for sharing.

neil

neil all I have to say is.... Your the man!!!!. If your avatar is on a thread I read it!!!

WoW!!! Im really inspired to try this when i get a job , Jus curious whats total cost of just the modded g5 case and how long did it take?
that looks so clean and nice, love the black interior. 10/10 imo!

:D

WoW!!! Im really inspired to try this when i get a job , Jus curious whats total cost of just the modded g5 case and how long did it take?
that looks so clean and nice, love the black interior. 10/10 imo!

:D

The G5 case can very from free or over a hundred dollars. I bought my case off a computer surplus store in the bay area called weird stuff. I paid 60 dollars for it which I think was a great deal cause I got to choose which one I wanted and inspect it. The motherboard tray and PCI slot thingy cost 54 dollars off mountain mods. I did not use the back panel because I made a custom one. I used a aluminum kick plate that matched the color of the case for 15.99(home depot). The plastic I bought from home depot was 15 dollars each. The last couple things are gorilla pci slots 4.99 velcro squares 5.99, allen socket screws 25.00, jb weld 4.79, Black/white Paint 16.00, dremel tool 39.00 (must have), 15.99 dremel tool cutting accessories. I also used a lot of different sanding tools so hope you or someone you know has a lot of them.

http://www.frys.com/product/5249327?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG used this for the front panel wiring harness LED, Power button, Audio, USB

Rough Estimate $274 dollars and change​

The Case took a week to plan/draw/plan again/mod/paint and assemble. Overall my mod took me 2 years to get it to this point... It takes a lot of practice to perfect measuring cutting planning. Good Luck!!!!!!! and take your time never rush comes out like crap if you rush​

damn thats awesome, if i did a mod id want it to look like that all clean and nice, Im most worried about the Ps modding so it looks normal on back and the front panel wiring ect.

I might just end up getting the corsair c70 for my next build not sure yet.

damn thats awesome, if i did a mod id want it to look like that all clean and nice, Im most worried about the Ps modding so it looks normal on back and the front panel wiring ect.

I might just end up getting the corsair c70 for my next build not sure yet.

Honestly go with the h60 because it has better tubes and a newer static fan and the pump won't be loud. Usually the things you might be worried about turn out to be the easiest things. Mounting the ps to the existing gutted g5 power supply was easy. I all i did was cut the top off and keep it in the original box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back