intel
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Need much Help!

I have been working on trying to dual boot Mavericks on my new HP Envy laptop and I just run into road blocks. I am new to this, however, I have been trying to do this for some years now. This is my second laptop I have tried. This one I thought would be more compatible with a Mac specs then my last one. I have been using FancKush's youtube videos to guide me, but I keep getting blocked with "BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory". Can anyone help with this process?

Thanks in advance.

My Laptop specs:
Intel 4th generation i7-47000mq
16GB ddr3l memory
1TB SSD
1TB HHD
touchscreen 1920x1080

Need much Help!

I have been working on trying to dual boot Mavericks on my new HP Envy laptop and I just run into road blocks. I am new to this, however, I have been trying to do this for some years now. This is my second laptop I have tried. This one I thought would be more compatible with a Mac specs then my last one. I have been using FancKush's youtube videos to guide me, but I keep getting blocked with "BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory". Can anyone help with this process?

Thanks in advance.

My Laptop specs:
Intel 4th generation i7-47000mq
16GB ddr3l memory
1TB SSD
1TB HHD
touchscreen 1920x1080

See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

You should install Chameleon to the USB after creating it with Unibeast. Then patch mach_kernel. Then use boot flags: IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Y dart=0

Thanks for responding. How do I go about patching the mach_Kernel? where do I begin? when using the flag IntelAnzulFB, why use 12? (just interested in knowing why I do the things I am doing.) Also, what version of Chameleon should I load on my usb drive? Not understanding the different versions.

Thanks for responding. How do I go about patching the mach_Kernel? where do I begin?

See post #2.

when using the flag IntelAnzulFB, why use 12? (just interested in knowing why I do the things I am doing.)

It is IntelAzulFB. 12 selects the same ig-platform-id used by the MacBookAir. Seems to work with most Haswell laptops.

Also, what version of Chameleon should I load on my usb drive? Not understanding the different versions.

Latest is 2377.

I know I must be doing something wrong! It keeps stopping at "BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory"......I tried everything that was suggested. What else could I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back