Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello!

I've recently tried to install a new video card to my stable Hackintosh rig - an Nvidia GTX770. And unfortunately I'm having quite a bit of trouble getting this to work!

My motherboard is an Asus P8z68 Deluxe and I was previously running a GTX470 with great success and decided I need MOAR power.

So I threw in the GTX770 thinking that they are both Nvidia and that it would be a breeze to get this working.... WRONG.

After lurking this site I've tried the following:

In Bio I set the Initial Display to PCI/PCIE instead of PCIE/PCI

nvda_drv=1

GraphicsEnabler=No

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

PCIRootUID=1

PCIRootUID=0

PCIRootUID=0,1,2,3,4,5

-x

-f -v npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

-f -v PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

-v -x GE=No npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0,1,2,3,4,5

----

So in most cases, the build goes to the boot screen and then the display just goes dark, my monitor indicating no signal. But when I do GraphicsEnabler=No instead after the boot screen, I end up at a grey screen and it stays there forever (or at least as long as my patience can take it). When I go into safe mode (-x) it just spins at the boot screen forever.

Interestingly enough, when using the -f -v flags, I see that the system hangs on (and I'm sorry for lack of accuracy) - Something to do with Avid kexts. I use avid for video editing, but that's where the messages end. Would it be possible to pop in my last card and uninstall Avid to help things? I think I'll try that while I wait for your responses.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm a director/video editors and there's lots of work to be done! Hell, let's do this the old west way. I'll offer MONEY to whoever gives me the working solution. Opening bid is $50!

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this. As usual this community is a life saver.

- Cubix the Fourth

So I uninstalled Avid and now the system seems to past verbose mode and just gets stuck on the grey screen.

When I pop in the GTX470 back in it boots up no problem. I'm going to try all of the commands above again, and the next thing will be the Nvidia Web Drivers, I heard those might work as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back