Contribute
Register

Trouble with 60Hz on 4K display (Sierra, GTX 960)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
DELL XPS 8700
CPU
Intel Core i7-4700
Graphics
EVGA Nvidia GTX 960 SSC 4GB
Hi guys,

I'm running a Dell XPS 8700 with upgraded graphics card (EVGA GTX 960 SSC with 4GB of ram). I'm trying to run a Dell UP3214Q 4K display, but I'm only able to get 30Hz.

First off, I have tested in windows 10 with this GFX and monitor combo and the display does support 60Hz @ 4K so the hardware is capable of running this.

When I try to use SwitchResX to set the monitor to 60Hz, the monitor just blanks out (says no signal). I have tried both DisplayPort and HDMI. The monitor supports DP1.2 and MST. I'm attaching the EDID output of the monitor for reference.

I'm running my system as a iMac14,2 with Sierra (10.12.2) with the Nvidia Web Drivers 367.15.10.25f01

I tried the Floris497 CoreDisplay patcher and doesn't seem to matter as I'm already seeing the 4k option, just not the right refresh rate support.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• DELL UP3214Q.txt
    11 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
May have spoke too soon. Seems if the system puts display into suspend, I cannot seem to get the screen to come back up. Power management settings?

I have the same issue. MacMini does crazy things with cursors for some reason. But when I go back to MacPro6,1 my MST display won't work properly (same one as yours). Did you get any further with this?

I have the same issue. MacMini does crazy things with cursors for some reason. But when I go back to MacPro6,1 my MST display won't work properly (same one as yours). Did you get any further with this?
Macmini profile is not per se required to enable MST. What is required is that the board-id not activate the "none" profile in AGDP Info.plist. The reason the macmini profile works is because its board-id is not even present in AGDP. So either remove the board-id of the SMBIOS you are using in the Info.plist, or create a custom empty profile like the existing Config1 or Config2 profiles and point the board-id of your SMBIOS to that.

The cursor issue is something nVidia specific on Sierra. There is no good workaround for that that I know of. Changing resolutions over and over will eventually fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back