Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce Gt 640
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm currently running a dual boot system with windows 8 and OSx however I would like to add Ubuntu to my arsenal. I have a 1 Tb Hdd for storage but I'd like to keep all my operating systems on my ssd for max performance.

is it possible to doc triple boot system in this way? Is there anything I should be aware of?

Help greatly appreciated.

System: Gigabyte UD5H z77x, i73770k, 16Gb corsair vengeance ram, 500Gb ssd, Gigabye gt640 graphics

I'm currently running a dual boot system with windows 8 and OSx however I would like to add Ubuntu to my arsenal. I have a 1 Tb Hdd for storage but I'd like to keep all my operating systems on my ssd for max performance.

is it possible to doc triple boot system in this way? Is there anything I should be aware of?

Help greatly appreciated.

System: Gigabyte UD5H z77x, i73770k, 16Gb corsair vengeance ram, 500Gb ssd, Gigabye gt640 graphics

You can add Ubuntu if you can shrink a partition on the drive to make room. Two things to remember - for Chimera/Chameleon to boot the Ubuntu, you must install grub2 to the root or to /boot, and when you are finished, re-sync the partitions with gptsync because linux doesn't play well with OS X/Windows partitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back