1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I bought recommended hardware for building a hackintosh with Mountain Lion:

GA-B75M-D3H (1155) rev 1.1
Intel 3570K
TPLINK-WDM4800
I have Samsung 830 SSD (Sata 3) and Seagate 2TB 7200 Sata 3(II used)

Installed ML from USB and upgraded to 10.8.2.

And I installed Multibeast 5.2

I wanted to ask you please for help or advice because I'm having a few problems.

Apart from continuous freezes of the system that come from 2 minutes to 20 minutes, about the Wireless :

1st: I have to switch off and on the WIFI in OSX from time to time (10 minutes) after it stops working.
2nd: The Wifi performance is quite bad. I know that it could be due to signal strength but I'm surprised because my laptop gets connections to 300Mbs and TPLink stays normally at 39 and goes up to 100 eventually (sometimes just only 1Mbs!). Both computers are in the same place. Is that just about signal? edit: Fritz Box tells me 5 bars (MAX) for the strength of the signal whereas gives me 4 for my laptop (300Mbs)

And about the freezes I have no idea why that happens, I checked system logs and I see nothing. Mouse and keyboard stop working (and probably the system itself). How can I know the reason?

Thank you.
Raiky

Hi,

I bought recommended hardware for building a hackintosh with Mountain Lion:

GA-B75M-D3H (1155) rev 1.1
Intel 3570K
TPLINK-WDM4800
I have Samsung 830 SSD (Sata 3) and Seagate 2TB 7200 Sata 3(II used)

Installed ML from USB and upgraded to 10.8.2.

And I installed Multibeast 5.2

I wanted to ask you please for help or advice because I'm having a few problems.

Apart from continuous freezes of the system that come from 2 minutes to 20 minutes, about the Wireless :

1st: I have to switch off and on the WIFI in OSX from time to time (10 minutes) after it stops working.
2nd: The Wifi performance is quite bad. I know that it could be due to signal strength but I'm surprised because my laptop gets connections to 300Mbs and TPLink stays normally at 39 and goes up to 100 eventually (sometimes just only 1Mbs!). Both computers are in the same place. Is that just about signal? edit: Fritz Box tells me 5 bars (MAX) for the strength of the signal whereas gives me 4 for my laptop (300Mbs)

And about the freezes I have no idea why that happens, I checked system logs and I see nothing. Mouse and keyboard stop working (and probably the system itself). How can I know the reason?

Thank you.
Raiky

I have the same problem and same card. What I found is that my protocol on the card is AR8161 and from what I can tell there are no drivers for it. I am investigating a couple of fixes, but have had no luck with reidentifiying device ids, experimental kexts, etc. I am going to try turning of VPN if I can get some help with it. Frustrates me because it was supposed to work out of the box.

Well there could be two problems.

I used Multibeast 5.1.3 to do the install on mine, and it was fine. I have a Z77X-UP5-TH board and the TP Link card works fine. For my Ethernet I just used one driver - hNaks's Intel1000esd driver for my builtin card, and added BuiltinEthernet=Yes as a kernel flag.

It's probably a BIOS setting somewhere. It may affect USB too but you need to make sure XHCI Mode is on and set to Auto; VT-d and Network Stack is off; EHCI is on; ErP is off; Wake on LAN enabled; High Precision Event Timer is on. Give these a try first and see what comes up. Also check if your Bluetooth is enabled on your laptop....BT and Wifi work on the same frequencies and they often do clash when there is more signals coming from the same location.

I have the same problem and same card. What I found is that my protocol on the card is AR8161 and from what I can tell there are no drivers for it. I am investigating a couple of fixes, but have had no luck with reidentifiying device ids, experimental kexts, etc. I am going to try turning of VPN if I can get some help with it. Frustrates me because it was supposed to work out of the box.

Folks, did more searches for you...

Zeitgeist,

I'm not allowed to link it here, but you could google and try out a file called ALXEthernet-1.0.0.zip online for AR8161. This should work with 10.8.2.

Raiky, you need to make sure that you have the IO80211Family.kext installed, and make sure that it contains the AirportAtheros9388.kext inside the Plugins folder. To check just go to the IO80211Family.kext in /System/Library/Extensions and right click, and click Show Package Contents. Double-click on Contents then Plugins and check if that kext is there.

@middleman good observed ...that it depands on the Install and probably the Model wich Plugin is in there.

I figured out my problem. Your card is probably experiencing the sae thing. Go to your computer details under about this mac. Click the Wifi under network. See what channels your card can use. Go to your airport extreme or whatever router your are using and make sure it is broadcasting the signal in the proper channel. You can tell it which channel to broadcast the 5ghz band for instance. This immediately fixed my issue. The card is probably an Atheros AR9380, I was confusing it with my ethernet ports which are AR8161. Thanks to everyone for being patient and helping people like me learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back